Author Topic: Playlists in a tab  (Read 4490 times)

beeing good

I've just started to use the vertical tabs (beautiful addition I have to say) but the only thing that I wish for now is to have a tab for my playlists (to show all, not just one). I'm not sure how it could/would work (similar to podcasts view?) but it would be fantastic if it could be done.

richardap1

+1
Maybe like artwork view with each playlist having it's own place in the grid and you would be able to give each one a custom image then drill down and display the files. I have about 25 different playlist and that would be a good feature

abhinavsays42

+1
Maybe like artwork view with each playlist having it's own place in the grid and you would be able to give each one a custom image then drill down and display the files. I have about 25 different playlist and that would be a good feature

+1. good suggestion.

Anti

Are you guys organising your playlists using the 'collapsible folder' system provided?

richardap1

Yes. But I donny really use the left pane

donny = don't (stupid predictive text)
Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 12:30:06 PM by richardap1

Anti

Oh I see... you're trying to collapse the left panel as permanently as possible and have all the important nodes loaded into tabs instead.

I guess I'd use a 'playlist node' if the option was there in the playlist pane. However, the view would be useless if all the playlists were just mixed together and ordered alphabetically. It would have to take account of the folder structure of the playlists and group them accordingly.

Also, I can't quite imagine how the UI would work. At the moment when you browse your lists in the left pane, the playlists load (or are generated in the case of autoplaylists) in the main panel. But if you've got this new playlist view in the main panel, presumably when you click a playlist, the playlist view would disappear and be replaced by the playlist itself: you'd need to keep pressing the back button to get back to the playlist view.

Not sure I'd want to rely on tabs as much as you guys seem to be doing.

richardap1

Yeah I am trying to remove the left pane completely.
Yes that's how I would see it working, the description could be added under the image. I don't find myself going though the playlist that often but I can see how it would happen, and the back button might be a pain for those people.

boroda

Maybe its more simple to add 'up one level' UI service button or 'up one level' pseudo-playlist (like '..' dir in old norton commander)? And clicking on left nav 'playlists' node should bring playlists icons in main panel (at this time this expands/collapses playlists node)?

richardap1

Alternatively they could be grouped by folder, with each folder "group" having a header like album and  view