Author Topic: Wrong auto tagging by album!  (Read 3506 times)

vi3x

I noticed that, sometimes, the auto tag by album function failed to match my mp3 with the right track on album. I did some trial and error and here's what I found.

Let's say I have a single mp3 ("The Cranberries - Zombie.mp3") with a messed up title tag ("Vampires"). I launch the auto tag by album function and I input the "album artist" ("The Cranberries") and the "title on track" ("Vampires") only. Failing to find any match, the search returns every Cranberries' album, ticking the first song by default. Specifying the right album in the search parameters ("No need to argue") makes little difference: my mp3 is matched to track #1 by default.

Well, "Vampires" is not the real title afterall, so I really can't expect Music Bee to find a correct match while my search parameters are wrong, can I?

The REAL problem, however, occurs when I edit the "title on track" in the search criteria. My mp3 still has "Vampires" as title tag (...some people just can't tag their mp3s...!) but I'm a cool guy and I know that the real title is "Zombie" and that's what I'm looking for now. Well, same as the above: no matter what I'm looking for, Music Bee always matches my mp3 to the first song of any album it finds. This happens because the mp3's (wrong) title tag overrides the "track on album" search criteria while matching my song to the appropriate album track.

The bottom line is: edit the matching function in the auto tag by album so that it regards the search criteria rather than the (sometimes incorrect) title tag of the mp3.

Steven

• Administrator
it could be enhanced to use the track title search criteria but in the interim you should be able to drag/drop the matched track so its lined up to the one you want it to match to

Steven

• Administrator
i've changed it for the next update so if track title is part of the search criteria and there is only one track you are applying tags to then it will match against the search criteria rather than the original track title
its in the next update