Author Topic: beeTunes Skin  (Read 149484 times)

netean

Without a shadow of a doubt, the nicest, cleanest, most usable skin that exists for Musicbee.
Absolutely cracking work.

1 point to note for everyone else - I reinstalled musicbee the other day and also this skin, it looked...err rubbish.. until I checked the "skin windows borders" check box. Then magically it works.. So if you're wondering what the fuss is about because it doesn't look great on your machine, make sure that's ticked.

Absolutely cracking job, thank you.

Steven

• Administrator
I have made a few minor changes to the skin. Greb, I was unable to address the issue that you brought up yet. I haven't found any example of a skin without that issue.
it uses the same background colour as the defaults but you can override the foreground colour:

for the 1st row of an alternating row grid
  <element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Disabled" fg="170,170,70" />
for the 2nd row (which usually has a different background colour)
  <element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Disabled" fg="170,170,70" />

cartman005

VX

Steven

• Administrator
Updated: 1/1/2011

Updated: 1/1/2012  ;)

That refers to splash screens used with all MusicBee skins as well  :)
i dont think it matters with the copyright notice as you see many places where that is not kept up-to-date

arnie

This according to me is the best skin till date for MusicBee.

Kaelri

One small bug to report: when "Skin Window Borders" is not selected, one of the bitmaps is misaligned, causing a red line to appear. I'm using MusicBee 2.0.4445 on Windows 7 x64.

(Click for screenshot.)

I prefer to leave my borders unskinned, so it would be great to see a fix for this problem. Past that, this is an absolutely gorgeous recreation of iTunes. Thanks for the hard work. :)
Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:59:06 PM by Kaelri

cartman005

I updated the skin to fix that issue and a couple other things that I noticed while viewing the skin with Windows borders.
Just download the updated file in the first post. Thank you again for pointing that out.
Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:37:15 AM by cartman005

Greb

Would be possible to post the skin just without the bitmap player?

The bitmap is really cool, but it doesn't allow to use the new flat player feature, a alternative thin player: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5910.0

cartman005

So you want the plain XML file that is used to build the bitmap skin? I can put it up when I get home tonight.

Greb

So you want the plain XML file that is used to build the bitmap skin? I can put it up when I get home tonight.

Don't worry by now, Stevens is thinking in having an update that allow any skin to use the flat player.  :)

Kaelri

I updated the skin to fix that issue and a couple other things that I noticed while viewing the skin with Windows borders.
Just download the updated file in the first post. Thank you again for pointing that out.
Thanks very much for the fix. Looks perfect now. :)

Lightblur

sorry guys where can i download the beeTunes skin?? mediafire doesn't work anymore.. =(

Alexis

sorry guys where can i download the beeTunes skin?? mediafire doesn't work anymore.. =(

Works for me...  and i got it  from  the 'here' word in the first post.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ifkoinvndzilvjj

They are not lazy... just more efficient.