Author Topic: iPod Nano 3g syncs all songs, but not the playlists  (Read 11609 times)

TeutonJon78

I am syncing my nano 3g (on a fresh restore of it).  Since it's only 8 GB, I select which playlists I want to copy over.  This worked fin in 1.2.  However, on the new 1.3, it will sync the songs correctly, but the actual playlists don't get synced.  MB thinks it has synced all of the lists, but in reality, only like 7 out of 20 are showing up on the actual device.  All the music files are there though.

Steven

• Administrator
is there anything in the error log around the time you did the sync (help/support/view error log)

TeutonJon78

there were some out of space errors from my sync attempts yesterday, but I nothing today from the complete refresh.  And it currently has 243 mb free, so, that shouldn't be a problem anyway.  I've noticed that on the first sync, it can fit most things in, but when I remove some songs, I don't necessarily get all that space back.

Steven

• Administrator
if you are still having problems with not all playlists synching i have time to look at this now and could create a debug version to see what is going on

TeutonJon78

It's still not working.  MB thinks it has them synced, but they aren't showing up.  I can try out a debug version.

Steven

• Administrator

TeutonJon78

Actually, it wouldn't run.  An error box popped up with "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions".  I tried running it normally and as administrator.

The error log popped with the following:

11/29/2011 12:10:44 PM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 1.4.4349.38276 - System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket..ctor(AddressFamily addressFamily, SocketType socketType, ProtocolType protocolType)
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener..ctor(IPAddress localaddr, Int32 port)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.SetupChannel()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider sinkProvider, IAuthorizeRemotingConnection authorizeCallback)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IClientChannelSinkProvider clientSinkProvider, IServerChannelSinkProvider serverSinkProvider)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.RegisterChannel(Boolean SecureChannel)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
   at #=qDyy9oRhT9pqEUP8VZOOYyb4WOs$Trl6jydai3ARq294=.#=qWJLmVw$oDEcnOw1F2d3UbQ==(String[] #=q2X$dhpiibORQK9yXtsgN3w==)

Steven

• Administrator
i just downloaded it and tried now, and its working ok for me
that seems a pretty weird error. Perhaps try again and if its still doing it, could it be some third party tool you are using

TeutonJon78

Hm, it was my security software (Comodo).  When I turn off the spyware protection, I can run it (which isn't a problem normally).

Here are the new results:
--
[Edit: removed playlists --  all the desired playlists showed up as synced]

-----------------
MB think it has all the correct playlists, and all the songs are there.  But the iPod only thinks it has:  [edit: removed 6 playlists that synced].  The rest are missing.
Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:14:09 AM by TeutonJon78

Steven

• Administrator
that indicates MB thinks the playlists are on the device and already in sync.
if you view the playlists via the devices section on the left panel in MB do you see all the playlists?
Also have you recently upgraded your iTunes version?

TeutonJon78

Yes, MB has all of the correct playlists in both sections.

I have recently updated iTunes, but I don't use it to sync with the nano...I've only used MusicBee.  It has problems playing nice when I tried to use both so I just did a full device reset, which worked until 1.3.  I just did another full reset and now the playlists won't sync.  The nano firmware version hasn't changed though (although, I supposed the driver versions did).

Steven

• Administrator
i think you will need to use another app for your synching now. If you really dont want to use iTunes you could try mediamonkey.
another alternative would be to find an older version of iTunes (i think afterdawn.com has them) and reset the device using that version to see if that does the trick
Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 09:49:44 PM by Steven

TeutonJon78

MB won't work with itunes versions 10.5+?  It hasn't had a problem until now....

Steven

• Administrator
i have solved this problem now, although i dont know how it worked reliably in the past - i think it might have worked previously if the playlists were synched in a particular order.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w2393ffbj4kixy0
Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:11:15 AM by Steven

TeutonJon78

well, I had to reinstall MB at some point because the beta was eating up my library and reassigning art work, so it thought it was a new sync and didn't have room.

I did a full restore in iTunes and then tried to sync.  It worked better than before, but still only got 16/19 playlists.  All of the songs made it though fine (till it ran out of room).  The songs on the missing playlists did make it though, so they should have been synced fully.