Author Topic: Additional ideas on the horizontal mini-player  (Read 2758 times)

richardap1

This feature request (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6908.0) had me thinking about the MiniPlayer too, so most of the credit has to go to user Xyzzy for his inspiration.  This is something i use a lot. I like the idea of that feature but was thinking about it more in conjection with the current miniplayer. While it is possible to open the main player, and is required for most major actions, it would be nice if there was some halfway measure.  A button would show this drop down area, which contains similar options to the original request, except I changed the lyrics for the library browser. In this example it would allow drag and drop between the library browser and the now playing list in the centre.  Additionally I would have thought that the option to add more columns (perhaps depending on the length of the miniplayer) would be an option. Also I would have thought that a feature like this would take considerable time, so i guess it might be a trade as to whether this addition is worth it considering opening the main player isn't hard at all?

HHM

Xyzzy

Just to mention, my post was about compact (not-mini) player - I've mixed up the names.
Still, all ideas are valid.

I wonder if compact and mini player could be unified into one player, with configurable panels, as your mock shows.

Steven

• Administrator
the Now Playing Assistant was intended as a window to maintain your now playing list - in what ways does the Now Playing Assistant not work well for this task?
It can be opened by hotkey or clicking the musicbee icon