Author Topic: Drag and drop artwork from internal web page (allmusic) to Missing Album Art  (Read 5054 times)

fredphoesh

Hi,

It would be great to be able to simply drag and drop from a web page, Allmusic or Wikipedia or... directly to the Missing album art placeholder, and have the artwork be saved to Tags automatically.

EDIT- I see it works when you are in EDIT mode... would be nice to not have to go there, just drag and drop to Missing Album Art placeholder on main screen.

Thanks,
Mark.
Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:11:25 PM by fredphoesh

ma_t14

EDIT- I see it works when you are in EDIT mode... would be nice to not have to go there, just drag and drop to Missing Album Art placeholder on main screen.

What do you mean by edit mode? I can't get it to work  :-\

+1 For the request to make it more obvious. Drag and drop an image from any webpage to the artwork panel (album art exchange etc). One of the most useful requests in a long time!

fredphoesh

hi
if you are playing a track, press Shift-Enter or RH mouse click and choose Edit.
you can drag and drop the internal or external images from a website or folder directly to the album art field.

works very well, i would just like to eliminate the step of going to the edit window when the Missing Album Art is already displayed... keenly awaiting a drag and drop ;)

Mark.

Steven

• Administrator

fredphoesh

Hi Steven,

OK tx, that works well too, though not for the internal AllMusic, which has no RH mouse contextural menu... (which is the one I would be using mostly ;)

Tx for the headsup though.
Mark.

Steven

• Administrator
using firefox i can drag/drop to the tag editor or right click on the album art exchange picture/ Copy Image and then in MB right click/Paste Artwork

fredphoesh

Hi
Actually I just tried with Album ARt exchange and if you RH mouse click on an image on their page and Copy Image (i am using chrome) then go to the Missing Album Art window and Paste.
It works!

I see that drag and dropping does not work from any external website it seems... not just AAExchange...
So use the copy image method!

Mark.

ma_t14

Wait a minute... All this time I was talking about the browser that comes with musicbee, using a third party browser defeats the purpose of having everything conveniently integrated. Surely drag and dropping would benefit more if supported by the in-built browser

fredphoesh

Wait a minute... All this time I was talking about the browser that comes with musicbee, using a third party browser defeats the purpose of having everything conveniently integrated. Surely drag and dropping would benefit more if supported by the in-built browser

Yes, I was initially, but you mentioned album art exchange, which I did not know could be viewed internally... sorry for the confusion.

Just as a matter of interest, Chrome cannot drag and drop to the Edit Album art window, Firefox Can!!!

But yes, that is what I would like too, and ability to drag and drop or copy and paste from the internal viewer directly to the Missing Album Art placeholder... quick and easy.... but does not work because drag and drop does not work and there is no contextural menu to copy an image in AllMusic internal viewer.

Tx
Mark.