Author Topic: Remember artwork options  (Read 4272 times)

ma_t14

Just a very minor thing but it becomes really annoying. When using the artwork retrieval dialog I always choose to save the artwork in the same folder as the music. Every time I have to disable the embed artwork which is the default and choose the save to folder. Steven could you please make it so that it remembers the last used option?

Steven

• Administrator
the default for new artwork is set in the Tags(1) preferences

ma_t14

Oh, thanks! I completely missed that option  ::)

ma_t14

Just tried it. But even if you change it in Tags(01) it still doesn't change the default values in the artwork dialog  :-\

phred

• Global Moderator
Confirmed.
I like not only to embed the artwork in the file, but also to have a copy of the artwork in the same folder where the tracks live.  The embed option is persistent in the artwork dialog while the "link to an organized copy..." is not.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
if you edit or replace an existing picture it takes that picture's settings. If you add a picture and another one already exists, some of the choices may be disabled forcing another default eg. if you link to folder.jpg only one picture can take that setting.
So caan you confirm it was for a completely new picture and the only picture for that track

ma_t14

Yes I can confirm the above. I just added some new music to the inbox that had no artwork and it still showed the default embed option in the artwork dialog and not the cover.jpg I had set in tags(1)

Steven

• Administrator
its working fine for me - sorry but i dont have time to investigate these mystery problems

ma_t14

Does it matter what way I use to access the artwork dialog?  :-\

EDIT
Mysteriously all of a sudden it started working as expected now  :)
Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:44:28 PM by ma_t14

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, it does work as expected.  In my case - as Steven suspected - I was testing it with files that already had artwork associated.  Trying it on files that had no artwork, it does what I was hoping for.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here