Author Topic: Lyrics Plugin  (Read 153440 times)

erikerik

Alright, I have updated now to 2.0.4607

The program doesn't crash... but when I put either of the lyrics plugins, nothing changes.  It only gives the 4 providers each time. 

Steven

• Administrator
tick the providers in the Tags(2) preferences.

erikerik

The only ones listed there are:
LYRDB
CharLyrics
lyricsDB
lyricswiki

UPDATE:
Opps, I just now found the option to enable the plugin in preferences first, and now the list is there!   sry for the trouble.  Maybe someone else will have ran into the same thing tho, and I'll prevent a blonde moment!   
Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:42:46 AM by erikerik

Legion

Nice Plugin. Now I get finally the lyrics for almost all my metal stuff. Great!

Just one thing. Is it possible, that <right-click> into the Lyrics-Tab shows the Lyrics-Source? Because right now, when the lyrcis are achived through this plugin, "lyrics source" simple says "MUSICBEE PLUGIN".

Kind regards,
Legion

VX

Nice Plugin. Now I get finally the lyrics for almost all my metal stuff. Great!

Just one thing. Is it possible, that <right-click> into the Lyrics-Tab shows the Lyrics-Source? Because right now, when the lyrcis are achived through this plugin, "lyrics source" simple says "MUSICBEE PLUGIN".

Kind regards,
Legion

Smart suggestion +1 of course.
Perhaps you should add this to the wishlist as I'm not sure it could be implemented before MB 2.0 release.

Swiss Hyde

Lyricwiki.org (is not Lyricswiki.com alredy included)? Metrolyrics.com?

Fredsky

tunewiki.com is viable? sounds like a pretty good synchronized source

ScreamerBG

Hi

First, thanks for the plugin. It's so much faster than the built-in one.
Unfortunately it has few bugs:
1) Lyrics Time - prepends "adding-right:20px;">" to the start of the lyrics. Seems to be a string processing issue.
2) AZ Lyrics - cuts the first 10 or 20 characters regardless of their type (new line, unicode, etc). Seems like string processing issue as well.

I do development for living and if you need help with regular expressions then let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Steven

• Administrator
i thought both of those had been fixed. Did you download the plugin after september 7 ?

ScreamerBG

I've downloaded it yesterday from the mediafire .NET2 link in very first post.
There is no way to tell which version of the plugin one is downloading as there is no readme.txt file in the archive and the archive name is simply mb_lyricsplugin.zip

Steven

• Administrator
its only fixed (and only will be) for the .NET4 version of the plugin. Easiest way is to upgrade to MB V2 from the weekly updates topic then apply the .NET4 version of the plugin

ScreamerBG

Hi,

The first post states that there's a version for .NET2 and it's easy to assume that it's working, supported and actively developed version.
Instead it's buggy and the bugs are very well known.
I would suggest removing the .NET2 version at all from the post as it's not longer maintained to avoid further confusion.

As for switching to MB2 - I won't do until the official stable release.
Until then I won't use the lyrics plugin I guess.

Thanks for the info.

Fredsky

i would suggest change the plugin itself to a way its easier to edit (like external .txt file for search engines, etc) so that most people could contribute to the cause.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Was having trouble posting this earlier, for some reason:

I have the files for this installed and it shows up in the plugins menu, but when I try to enable it I get a message that it can't be initialized.  It suggests unblocking the .dll file, but that hasn't helped.  I even tried restarting my system.  Any suggestions?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Iasc

There is a free program called take ownership, after installing it right click on the music bee program files folder and select take ownership.  Then unblock the DLL. Worked for me with the mini lyrics plugin