Author Topic: Different Artwork Sizes (embedded vs. folder.jpg)  (Read 2088 times)

awise107

Currently, I use MusicBee to tag my files with album art using the "Album Auto-Tagger". I have my settings configured so the minimum image size is 500x500 pixels. I save the best available image for the album artwork as folder.jpg as allowed by the artwork popup window within the auto-tagger, but also embed the image into the music files.

What I would like to see implemented is this: have MusicBee resize an image obtained from either...

1. one of the current artwork sources (i.e. Amazon, discogs, google)
2. a user inputted image (i.e. right click, paste)

...if the image is larger than 1000x1000, to 500x500, but still save a copy of the original image as the folder.jpg and have the 500x500 size embedded into the files. The option should only be available if the original image is less than or equal to 25% of perfectly square. For example, 1100x1100 is fine, but anything higher than 1100x1375 or lower than 1100x825 would look too augmented/forced if resized to a 500x500 image. I'm sure there's an equation that could suit this scenario, but I don't have the know-how, obviously...

I hope this was clear enough.

Please feel free to correct me or ask questions if you have them. Thanks for taking a look!