Author Topic: Convert and resize folder.png/gif to folder.jpg on device sync  (Read 4635 times)

butler360

The feature to resize the folder.jpg during device sync is awesome, except for one thing. It appears to ignore gifs and jpgs. All of my cover art is synched to my device except for when the only available art is png or gif. Would love to see it convert the png and gif files to jpg and also resize it during sync.

Steven

• Administrator
that actually sounds like a bug to me - it should already be converting png and gif files to jpg.
But just to help me track down the problem, what sort device is it? (USB, MTB or iPod)
And i assume the pictures its not synching are not folder.jpg files (as they cant be .png or .gif files) - so are the files embedded in the music file or linked to a source picture file? and do they display in the tag editor?

butler360

It's a Cowon S9, so it's either MSC or MTP (I forget which mode it's in right now). It shows up via drive letter if that helps narrow it down.

I don't use embedded album art, so the files not syncing are saved as folder.png and folder.gif

I didn't even think to check the album art in musicbee but it looks like the album art doesn't link to the files unless I do it manually. When I do, it shows up in musicbee just fine.

Steven

• Administrator
ok, i think i know what is going on - MB doesnt even look for folder.png or folder.gif, only folder.jpg (which i believe is the only file windows uses for folder pictures)
i guess i can add those to the files to look for automatically. For now, if you manually link they should get transferred accross to the device