Author Topic: Inserting Last.fm genres in keyword tag  (Read 2274 times)

Greb

Right now, MB allows to recover genres from Last.fm with the new tags overwriting the Genre tag, this way:

It allows too to recover keywords from Last.fm, overwriting Keywords tag:

The genre tag cloud in Last.fm is much more useful than the keywords tag. But in case you already have a organized library, recovering those tags means overwriting all your organization.

Keywords stuff works extremelly well when using the Library Explorer. So, why not giving the chance of recovering the X more popular tags (top screenshot) and to overwrite with them Keywords tag INSTEAD of Genre tag.

This way, you still keep the way you organized your library, but you can use the last.fm genre tag cloud through Keywords tag and Library Explorer.
Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:28:04 AM by Greb

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
I'm probably being stupid but what's this keywords business? It sounds like I'd +1 this if I understand correctly. Can you enter anything as a keyword and that then shows up on a search in the search bar? Sounds genius and I've never noticed it. Plus one to OP if so
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Greb

It's just another more tag in the mp3 file. The good thing with it is that Library Explorer is prepared to separate all the different keywords assigned to every song as long as they're separated by semi-colons.

So, if you recover keywords from Last.fm and then you go to the library explorer you will find something like:

+ Accordion
+ 60s
+ 70s
+ 's
+ 80s
+ Mixtape
+ Punk
+ Emotional
+ Stratocaster
+ Tiersen
+ Cello
+ Cello Rock
+ I hate it
+ Happy
+ Woodstock

and so, just keywords.

If you assign genre tags the same way you can have use the tag cloud from Last.fm through this tag. So instead of keywords, you'd have something like:

+ Alternative
+ Dark Cabaret
+ Female Vocalist
+ Singer-Songwriter
+ Pagan Folk
+ Scandinavian Folk
+ Tango

and so (the same album can appear under different genres). But the good thing is you could use it WITHOUT deleting (overwriting) your original genre tags.

Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:14:57 PM by Greb