Author Topic: Support for Additional File Types  (Read 2029 times)

Jules831

I am a relatively new MusicBee user and I am thisclose to converting from iTunes permanently but there are a couple things holding me back.
This is the second thing:
I have a lot of older abstract music files from the Napster days and other more recent m4p files that MusicBee doesn't recognize. It also doesn't recognize any of my music videos. It is nearly impossible that I will ever be able to fully convert to MusicBee if this does not change. I greatly desire a universal media player that I use for everything. If I have to have a seperate program for some files/videos, it just will not work for me.
I have also noticed that MusicBee doesn't seem to recognize old iTunes playlists and/or smart playlists. I can live with this - but the ability to create smart playlists within MusicBee would help the process.

Steven

• Administrator
although i do plan to add video support as a plugin at some point it is likely to be some time before i do that
for smart playlists, they are called auto-playlists in MB and have the same if not more functionality in MB

Jules831

Thanks for the tip on the auto-playlists. As I said, I'm new to MusicBee, so I may not have figured everything out yet.
Would love to see video support!
 :)