Author Topic: Improvements to Auto-DJ  (Read 1692 times)

Jules831

I am a relatively new MusicBee user and I am thisclose to converting from iTunes permanently but there are a couple things holding me back. This is one:
I love the iTunes Genius playlists. I have a lot of undiscovered music in my own library (close to 17,000 songs) and I use Genius playlists to find songs that I already own which are similar to songs I know and love. I also use it to see album recommendations that I don't own. I have played around with the Auto-DJ feature and I like it - but it needs some improvement to the recommendations. Something I really like is that it connects to Last.fm and recommends songs I don't own as well. If both of these (Auto-DJ recommendations and Last.fm recommendations) were further developed - or further combined with other sites like Pandora - it could be even better than Genius in the end. I would love to see that.
Additionally, if MusicBee were better connected to a music downloads retailer (again, if Last.fm were better developed it could be a solution - but as MusicBee has no control over their development, it might be better to seek out other avenues) it would be convenient for the consumer seeking to purchase new music, and could perhaps benefit MusicBee if they were able to negotiate some kind of advertising commission.