Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 275200 times)

iodine

I've been using Musicbee for a while now, and it's honestly the best music player I've ever experienced. It's so wonderfully designed and has any feature I could think of and would ever need,. Stephen's dedication to the project is hugely, hugely appreciated.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Not a new user by any means, but just wanted to add a recent observation.

I'm using MusicBee to manage a 70,000 track library. At home I have an i7 processor, so performance is never going to be an issue.

I just noticed .NET has recently been updated on my XP work computer so I thought I'd try MusicBee there now too.
This is a pretty old Core2 Duo E7400 with a PassMark score less than 20% of my home PC so I wasn't expecting much.

What a fool I was! MusicBee is just as snappy at work as it is at home. :)

Even resetting the filters to display all tracks at once takes less than one second. I'm very impressed by how responsive it is on such an old PC with such a large library and I doubt Winamp or Windows Media Player or any other program would handle it very well.
Bee excellent to each other...

helloindustries

Long time user, first time poster.
Registered just to post here.

Musicbee has saved me from the ocean of 'not quite good enough' music players since WinAmp finally died. Indeed; Musicbee is better than 'amp ever was.

Musicbee is even a major reason i 'can't' consider switching back to Linux. Good as Gmusicbrowser is, it's not quite good enough.

The only issue i've ever really had was when i was new to it about 2 years ago: MB was splitting my genres as i'd used (brackets), but that was fixed by switching [square brackets] - Though changing a LARGE amount of files in MB is a bad idea, but that's what MP3tag is for (love that app)

I now recommend it to everyone. Typically; No one listens. They all use iTunes.

SurfRat

I was a die hard Winamp fan (I started using it on Windows 98) and was very sad to see its demise.

I spent the best part of 6 months trying everything out there and MusicBee is the best.

Thank you Steven .

tsudduth24

My thanks to Steve as wells as my $$$ to him.

I had been a MediaMonkey user for a very long, long time. Too many quirks and bugs forced me to look around for a new music manager. Within 15 minutes, I had become a bonifide Music Bee lover.

Thanks!

darkwhite

Hey guys!  :)
After years of use I finally dropped by to thank you guys. It's so good I can't describe, I just keep recommending it to everyone!
I setup laptops and PC's on the usual for friends and family. There are bunch of people out there right now who unsuspectedly think that musicbee is the default music player that comes with the machine!  ;D
keep up the good work!  ;)

Adson

Although I am a MB user for years now, I needed, found and used succesfully the search and replace function for the first time this evening. Everytime I wonder if something I need could be done with MB I am amazed and excited that I find a solution that can be done with some of the MB features. MB is such a great work of software that I want to thank Steven again for giving it to us. There are only two or three other programs that I use so often as MB but none of the other programs (eg Word, FireFox or Thunderbird) ist so much fun as MB.

Thank you Steven and keep on your great work!

A.

Marco Cevoli

Another happy user here!

Actually, I came back to this forum after long time, because I wanted to praise the Auto DJ feature. I don't know if it's me imaging things or the feature doing a great job... fact is that the sequence from my music library is really enjoable... What's the algorhytm used?

Bests

Marco

s7jones

Musicbee has features I never knew I needed. It's vastly improved my music listening experience on my computer.

Cheers Steven (and anyone else who's involved of course)!

bililing

Another who traded Jriver by MusicBee. The sound is unsurpassed. Congratulations to the developers.

kapsix

Using MusicBee for a couple of years and I really enjoy it.  Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

adn

I just updated to the latest 2.5 version and I want to say that the new "add virtual device" feature is a godsend. I've been trying to do this for a couple months now and to see it work right away now is just so awesome.

I can finally sync my playlists to OneDrive and access my always up to date playlists from my laptop and phone, this is just perfect!

hiccup

I just updated to the latest 2.5 version and I want to say that the new "add virtual device" feature is a godsend. I've been trying to do this for a couple months now and to see it work right away now is just so awesome.
I can finally sync my playlists to OneDrive and access my always up to date playlists from my laptop and phone, this is just perfect!

The same appreciation from me for this feature addition.
I used to use Visual Subst for this, but the now implemented feature works as a dream!

ethereal12

MB is PERFECT.

People using iTunes (if they have Windows) are missing out.

Thank you, Steven. I'll be donating.

GBO323

Steven, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!

I wish more people knew about MusicBee. I just switched from Mac back to Windows and wanted a Media Player that would do what iTunes would do AND sync to my Android Phone. I'm no light media user and I really dig into tags, playlists, etc and MB really blows away everyone else....and I have tried most of the heavy hitters. Found MB via LifeHacker and am very pleased.

Well Done!

Glenn