Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 275233 times)

tvd-fan

• Scrobbling with this awesome MusicBee Player♥
Good Moring MB users

I signed up here today to leave my appreciation for this awesome MB Player.
I have tried many players over the years, free and paid versions, but MB is the #1 for me!
It does everything I was looking for. My main goal was to find one who would nicely crossfade my tracks on all terms, even on skipping a track, and MB does exactly that!
Of course it has many other useful functionalities like the build-in last.fm scrobble plugin. I just love MusicBee ♥

So, a big THANK YOU! to the MB developers. You guys ROCK!♥
Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 09:57:03 AM by tvd-fan

DCDireWolf

adding my voice to the choir. been using this app for years now and it never ceases to amaze and enhance the enjoyment of music. all the work and focus and attention to detail that went into it is a blessing, thank you.

SoftwareSamurai

After updating to v3.5.8384 on my Win10 PC, I noticed that MB is now automatically picking up new files as I add them to my music folder on my NAS!
I had configured it to watch my music folder years ago when I first started using MB, but it never seemed to work - I always had to restart MB to see the new music.
I'm very happy this is now working!

Thank you Steven!

seeker499

Hello everyone,
Today I installed MusicBee, it took a short time to realize HOW DARN AMASIGN this program is. So I thought, who is this genius, and when I found out his name is Steven Mayall, I had to express myself to him. This guy deserves a medal!? No no, much more, a ton of cash? A Nobel prize?

Thank you and your team!
This kind of mind and thinking is what the world needs to advance and evolve.
So please keep it up!

boroda

Hello everyone,
Today I installed MusicBee, it took a short time to realize HOW DARN AMASIGN this program is. So I thought, who is this genius, and when I found out his name is Steven Mayall, I had to express myself to him. This guy deserves a medal!? No no, much more, a ton of cash? A Nobel prize?

Thank you and your team!
This kind of mind and thinking is what the world needs to advance and evolve.
So please keep it up!

i've found MB accidentally years ago, and the 1st my thought was: why i never have heard about it? it was (and is now) much, much better than any other music manager (itunes, wmp, media monkey, foobar, etc.)
Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 04:39:56 PM by boroda

phred

• Global Moderator
I found MB on April 16, 2009. Version 0.3.3379 and have never looked for anything else. Periodically I post screenshots of that early version so that folks can appreciate how much MB has grown.

Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 11:52:21 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

HRO

Good day everyone! I trust you are all well.

I just want to say thank you Steven for this amazing piece of software. I have made the switch from wmp way back in 2016 when I was looking for a music app with last fm support. To my surprise I found this powerful tool. Highly customizable and one of the best music managers. Especially considering the size of my library of 1.3 TB. This software holds up to this day.

Once again. Thank you Steven for Musicbee.

helloindustries

I joined here back in 2015 to express my gratitude for MusicBee, and i'm just passing by now to repeat that. Still using it, still loving it. Still cannot be beaten.

mcBee

Thank you for Music Bee! Exactly what I hoped to find for the migration of my music library from the realm of the Mac. Just sent a $ thank you too.

krauti

I'm new here on MusicBee and I'm totally excited about the MusicBee app !

I started with streaming and internet radio in about 2016 with Cocktail X10 and after this streamer was no longer maintained software-wise, I looked around for
alternatives around. Starting from Bluesound over Roon I have found nothing suitable for me, until I found MusicBee (first only for CD ripping).

Here are my requirements regarding my music management (about 3200 albums, about 22000 tracks) CD ripping (now and then) and streaming almost completely fulfilled.
The best is probably the total configurability. My own search strategy works essentially over the TAG "Genre". I have adapted it to my needs in all 22000 titles since 2016.
and it has nothing to do with pop, rock etc. anymore.

My configuration consists of MusicBee version 3.5.8447 on a HP tablet HP-Pro x2 G2 with audio transmission via Feintech ABT00102 Bluetooth 5.0 Audio Receiver and
file system connection via Fritz.NAS with EMTEC SSD SATA III 240 GB hard disk in a Inateck docking station (among other things for cloning the hard disk).

Thanks Steven for the fantastic MusicBee application and please keep it alive !

FlacoTX

I have been using MusicBee for 1.5 years now. I am still learning new features, and still very happy with the outcome.

Dust From Stars

MusicBee, where have you been all my life!?

I just discovered the program about a week ago, and I registered here to say thank you, @Steven, for this towering achievement of a program. It's so rare to find something that works reasonably well out of the box but also provides such prodigious customization capabilities. It's been a joy exploring the features and getting reacquainted with my music collection through this powerful interface.

I love the Artwork Manager most of all. It allowed me to comb through my 13,000+ tracks and easily upgrade/replace substandard artwork--a task that always seemed too daunting to tackle using Mp3tag or similar. And the ability to choose my own storage preferences for artwork is simply outstanding.

Kudos again to @Steven and all who have contributed. I only wish I'd known about MusicBee a decade ago!

hiccup

MusicBee, where have you been all my life!?…

…It's so rare to find something that works reasonably well out of the box but also provides such prodigious customization capabilities.
Welcome to the forum Dust From Stars.
That's a very nice first-post introduction, and so much better than some of the first posts we have been seeing from some idiots this year ;-)

When you say MusicBee is working 'reasonably well' out of the box, do you have some ideas and suggestions how it it could work 'very well' out of the box?

Dust From Stars

That's a very nice first-post introduction, and so much better than some of the first posts we have been seeing from some idiots this year ;-)

When you say MusicBee is working 'reasonably well' out of the box, do you have some ideas and suggestions how it it could work 'very well' out of the box?

No suggestions, really. I actually meant to say that it works *perfectly* well out of the box for most users' needs. It was easy to add my library and it was instantly usable as a player and organizer. But then on top of that you get all the customization and advanced tagging features and it's just great.

I'm really surprised to see the negative posts. I guess people are expecting something that will magically fix their messed up music collection exactly the way they want when they haven't paid even a tiny bit of attention to proper metadata tags, and then they blame MusicBee after it doesn't do that?

MotleyG

I'm really surprised to see the negative posts. I guess people are expecting something that will magically fix their messed up music collection exactly the way they want when they haven't paid even a tiny bit of attention to proper metadata tags, and then they blame MusicBee after it doesn't do that?
I switched from iTunes to MusicBee a little more than a year ago now, and also have had a great experience since.

Over the last two decades I have ripped my library of a couple thousand CDs three different times. The last time I smartened up and used a lossless format as huge drives became more affordable. Each time I was able to include more details in the metadata that improved the browsing capabilities locally as well as when synced to any portable devices. And all of that took time to be done “just right” as I preferred for my use case. I still catch the odd typo, or missing detail that I have to correct.

I am just thankful that people like Steven here have a similar passion for music, and shared this MusicBee program they have developed and allowed us all to use to do the same.