Author Topic: Official MB appreciation thread  (Read 275258 times)

Terry Walker

I agree with hiccup. Let it go already.
Yup!
 I agree with you as well, frankz. You need to let it go even though it hurts  :'(

Janboel

I do very much agree with you!
Until recently I used WMP.  Allthough the interface and possibilities were OK for my use, WMP is a very unstable programme and the database seems not to be structured very well. Over the past 10+ years I spent hundreds of ours filling the tags, adding album art and organizing my WMP library but it often fell to shambles. It is also hardly or not possible/feasable to transfer the WMP library database to another computer when you buy one.
Since 2 weeks I am using Musicbee on my new desktop and It took only minutes to install and fill it. All my music files with metadata were properly represented and grouped.
Only the music files in "various" and/or with missing metadata needed to be properly tagged. I was pleasently surprised to find that Musicbee has a built in tagging editor that works quite well. It seems also that data and artwork are stored in the music file itself rather than in separate files.

Today I installed Musicbee also on my laptop and copied music files and Musicbee library to this laptop. Started up Musicbee and everything is exactly as on my desktop. Absolutely great. I have entered a new music library world. Wished I had done it before.
A lot of thanks for the people that did all the effort to create this music library tool!

Of course in future questions may arise but likely the answers can be found on this forum,

Jan

votaxoo

Very happy to use MusicBee since 3 years after switching from iTunes.  :)
The app is a lot stable and the sound is good, it uses only few mb ram ! Was searching something which contains plugins like for lyrics and it works a lot !

Thank you and I hope it will continues to goes like this !!

Boris786

Ok I really like this and will be donating shortly. Came from Media Monkey and am getting on so much better with MusicBee. Currently streaming to my Naim music player with UPNP plugin.
Working nicely on Linux and Windows for me - really nice. Of course if it could be native Linux that would be even better- don't worry I will mot be emailing in for this  :)

ClementNerma

Hi there!

I've spent a lot of time searching for my "ideal" player, and after testing MusicBee about 1 year ago, I finally kept it as my main player.

I just wanted to thank you for making such a great program, that is incredibly customizable, very fast even with huge music collections (I've about 12k songs, which is not that huge but any other player I've tried in the past as struggled dealing with it).

What's more, it is designed very nicely and have all the features you would expect from a player, and even more (cinema mode, Now Playing Assistant, popup player, customizable layout...)

As far as I know there's only one developer on this program currently, and the program is still fully free to use, so a huge THANKS for making this!

Have a nice day :)

Der Ungrund

Just wanted to say that I've been in the market for a new Media Player.  I've been using JRiver, which I got tired of.  Tried MediaMonkey (way too clunky and complex) and Roon (is really more of a streaming thing, so it lacks basic features of a Media Manager).  MusicBee is the best out there right now and it's free!

Happy_landing

FINALLY, after hours and hours of trying to tag music files (WMP and then with Groowe) where it was impossible to "apply the cover", or "unknown artist" or both, without the slightest possibility of being able to "solve", where in all forums the "technicians" recommend to delete the cache of the "database" and where the result is "solved with that file but in another five the cover has disappeared.." I met MusicBee.
FINALLY
Thank you so much :-*
Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 02:47:23 PM by Happy_landing

dh5217

Just started using MusicBee a few days ago, coming from JRiver.  Great software and thank you for providing it!

purplebee

I'm a long time iTunes user (10+ years) with a fully tagged library of 30k tracks and after being recommended MB for months I finally gave it a try last month. I'm taking my time learning to use all the options available and I'm absolutely stunned on how customizable it is! Plus the tag editing tools are amazing, I don't think I'll need to use MP3Tag again. I'm an avid tagger and these tools will save me hours of work for sure.

What an amazing program you've developed, Steven! Thank you very much for all your work!!

hiccup

This is probably also a nice indicator for the appreciation of MusicBee.
A record amount of users being online was established the day before yesterday.

I would be interested to learn about the curve of MusicBee downloads over the last year?

luna_nightshade

I was trying to figure out how to get gap less playback enabled on VLC and stumbled upon MusicBee. Yeah  needless to say I just dumped iTunes for MusicBee. I've been using iTunes as my primary audio program for nearly nine years and I'd like to add that I love the customization options in the UI and the custom filters for the AutoDJ!

musicbee4dwd

Wow, just noticed this addition. Really nice.

Thanks Stephen!

hiccup

musicbee4dwd

Wow, just noticed this addition. Really nice.
What addition?
Wrong thread perhaps?

Ha. Forgot.

It's the addition of the "tune in" and Radio Browser." I might have been sing an old version of MB. But after updating, I noticed we now have "Tune In" and Radio Browser" and not just "Shoutcast"  search options for stations. It says in updates that those two additions were added in August 2020.

Anyway, very nice station search engines.

hiccup

Ha. Forgot.
It's the addition of the "tune in" and Radio Browser." I might have been sing an old version of MB. But after updating, I noticed we now have "Tune In" and Radio Browser" and not just "Shoutcast"  search options for stations.
Ah yes, these are nice indeed.