Author Topic: Opening new tabs as a blank page  (Read 2176 times)

Greb

Currently every time you open a new tab the music library is charged.

Many times you don't want to access the music library, but a radio station, or the auto DJ, or a playlist, or whatever... but you must open the new tab, to wait for the library to charge (if you have a big music library that takes a few moments) and then select in the left panel what you want.

Wouldn't be much better to open every new tab as a blank page, which is much faster, and then to select what you want?

Even better, instead of a blank page the new tab could contain a page displaying all left panel's links, so you wouldn't need to show left panel in case is hidden. Just open the new tab, press the link and go directly where you want, easy and fast.

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
+1
Would be very useful
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Steven

• Administrator
while not rejecting this request, the GUI should still be responsive to immediately clicking another node
also you could use middle mouse click on the left panel node or right click/Open in new tab

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
I don't have a middle button on either my laptop or my desktop mouse. Maybe I should invest in a better mouse for my PC
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Greb

I don't have a middle button on either my laptop or my desktop mouse. Maybe I should invest in a better mouse for my PC

You don't have to. Last version allows you to open it using right button and select the option in the contextual menu  :)  

while not rejecting this request, the GUI should still be responsive to immediately clicking another node
also you could use middle mouse click on the left panel node or right click/Open in new tab

I do that when left pannel is shown, though I have it hidden many times to save space.

This case I proceed differently: I open a new tab and use the combobox which lays besides the search box to select what I want (though it fails sometimes, by the way, and I have to press Esc to reset).

Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:42:04 PM by Greb