Author Topic: importing libraries  (Read 3351 times)

tommygun

I have used Media Center from J River for years now. I'm sure there are many other media organizers players that are being used. Would be difficult to added the importation of libraries from these other programs. I suspect that once provision for one was made the others would be a snap.

ma_t14

Musicbee can currently import libraries from Windows Media Player and iTunes.

If J River can export to any of the two above formats then problem solved.

ps/
I always considered J River the ultimate music organizer regardless of price. MusicBee is very close but still needs support for a few features. May I ask, what was the reason for migrating to MusicBee (its been some time now since I used JRiver and I may not remember correctly comparing it to MusicBee)?
Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:37:30 AM by ma_t14

Steven

• Administrator
if it can export an iTunes compatible xml file, then MB can import the xml file (mediamonkey has a script that creates such a file for example, so jRiver might have the same)

Greb

ps/
I always considered J River the ultimate music organizer regardless of price. MusicBee is very close but still needs support for a few features. May I ask, what was the reason for migrating to MusicBee (its been some time now since I used JRiver and I may not remember correctly comparing it to MusicBee)?

I was using J River before MB, and I rechecked it a couple of months ago, to see how it had evolved.

As a PC user, I have to say that River didn't evolve last two years. I remark: 'as a PC user'. River focused in his MediaCenter side, and has become an amazingly good program for the living room TV.

For PC, MB is better and more featured right now.

Besides that, the only thing I miss from River is how fast it was...  :-[

ma_t14

"Besides that, the only thing I miss from River is how fast it was..."

It is to be expected given the MusicBee is written in .net but I assume that it will be a bit quicker once Steven makes the transition from .Net 2 to .Net 3.5

Greb

Probably not such a big change in the speed.

So, if it's 2.0 I feel curious just now, how is the program skinned without WPF?