Author Topic: Copying playlists between Music Bee & iTunes  (Read 25645 times)

plan

Here's a tip for those of you who want to share your playlists between MB and iTunes (in my case version 10.4.1).

To copy from Music Bee to iTunes:
Open both applications
Drag the playlist you want to copy from MB to iTunes, and drop it on the left of the window below your existing playlists. This will create a new playlist of the same name, but it will be empty.
Highlight all the songs in the playlist in MB (CRTL A) and drag them to the playlist in iTunes.

To copy from  iTunes to Music Bee:
You can't copy the playlist name, so create a new playlist in MB with the same name as the playlist you want to copy.
Highlight all the songs in the playlist in iTunes and drag them to the new playlist in MB - it's that simple!

I spent ages trying to export playlists from Music Bee by right clicking the playlist and choosing List/Export as External Playlist. I tried every format for the playlist (you can change this in Edit/Preferences/Library) but iTunes refused to import any of them.

Enjoy - this is a very special application!
Jason
Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:54:32 PM by plan

ma_t14

I think the "To copy from iTunes to Music Bee:" and "To copy from Music Bee to iTunes" should be swapped  ;)

plan

Jorn

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but drag & drop does not work for me. The mouse cursor keeps on displaying the 'forbidden' icon thus preventing me from dropping the playlist name as well as the songs. It does not work out, wherever I try to drop them: on top, at the bottom or inside the left pane.

Any ideas?

thanks!

rtindru

This does not work. Maybe an update of iTunes or MB. Not sure.
iTunes: v11.1.3.8
MB: v2.2