Author Topic: Program Icon and beat visualization  (Read 3818 times)

grayin

I would first like to say thanks for a great program. :)  I have been using 1.1 for a few days now and I'm ready to ditch iTunes.  I had some crashes on exit in vista, but I think they were related to some files in my music folder that were hidden/read only.  Since I found and got rid of those with the duplicate tool, MusicBee has been working well.

Some suggestions for your next version: 

1) Change the program icon.  The current one is kind of blurry and looks too much like the play button in WMP 11.  Maybe a Bee icon?
2) Ultimately some visualizations would be nice.  Short term a small "beat analyzer" thing (like a wave form).
3) More colors for skins.  I know that skins are not your priority now.  If I knew the skin format I would work on some if it wasn't too difficult.  Is there some documentation for them somewhere?

Steven

• Administrator
I would first like to say thanks for a great program. :)  I have been using 1.1 for a few days now and I'm ready to ditch iTunes.  I had some crashes on exit in vista, but I think they were related to some files in my music folder that were hidden/read only.  Since I found and got rid of those with the duplicate tool, MusicBee has been working well.
could you send me the error log (send by PM might be better) and that way i can fix for anyone else who has this problem

1) Change the program icon.  The current one is kind of blurry and looks too much like the play button in WMP 11.  Maybe a Bee icon?
I know - i just wanted to something simple as i am not very good with icons and such. If you come across anything that is suitable and that i can legally copy please let me know

2) Ultimately some visualizations would be nice.  Short term a small "beat analyzer" thing (like a wave form).
yes i can do that - i am quite swamped at the moment though but will keep it on the to-do list

3) More colors for skins.  I know that skins are not your priority now.  If I knew the skin format I would work on some if it wasn't too difficult.  Is there some documentation for them somewhere?
its not in a format suitable for people to define themselves. Given the amount i have on the to-do list though it probably wont be till early next year before i can look at skinning more seriously.
What i can do though is if you take a screenshot and do a rough colouring in i could implement something. But one limitation at the moment is i am not skinning scrollbars (i will do this at some point)

grayin

Not sure what you are interested in for an icon.  Something could be made from something like this:

http://fartoolate.deviantart.com/art/Bumble-Bee-Brushes-105373331

She seems to just want a link to whatever is made from her work.

Steven

• Administrator

Chaddywicker

To prove the axiom that you can't please everyone, I preferred the generic blue icon.   ;)  Any chance you can offer both and allow the user to choose which they would like?

VX

@Moderators

I suggest to move this topic to the Customisations board, so that users could find it easier.
If you don't want to create a separate Icons section, perhaps put it to the Skins until more icon packs for MB are created.
Skins and Icons are stored in the same folder in MB.