Author Topic: Flickering display since the last updates  (Read 1265 times)

djmst

Hello,

unfortunately my English is very bad, so I use deepl for the translation.

My music data for editing is on a network drive, MusicBee itself has also been on a network drive as a portable version for a long time. So far I have never had any problems with it.
Since the last updates on Version 3.6, however, I have had a problem with the display in MusicBee: every time I change the directory, I see display errors (flickering) on the interface.
When MusicBee reads in the directory, the interface shrinks until the files contained in it have been read in. After reading in the files, the view is normal again.
If I then go back to directories that have already been read in, the display no longer changes.

The flickering of the interface when switching to new directories is irritating.

I have created a video for Steve so that he can see this for himself. I hope a Youtube link is allowed here: https://youtu.be/tnKPstEn0G4

The last working version without this "effect" for me is 3.6.8837P from 12.03.2024. I use "AeroBee" as my skin, which has worked wonderfully so far. Windows 10 is version 22H2.19045.4355.

I ask for your help.

Many thanks, Mike

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 04:27:20 PM by djmst

phred

• Global Moderator

What MB version are you using, specifically? Not just 3.6, but 3.6.xxxx.
Is the issue resolved with the -latest- MB version? Get it from my signature below.
Does the issue appear on all skins or only AeroBee?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
I am not aware of any changes to v3.6 that could cause this. Does going back to using v3.5 fix the problem?

djmst

hello phred,

the problem has occurred with the latest updates (including the current version). I have just downloaded the patch from 13.05. of version 3.6 and tried it, same problem.
Since I only use the Aerobee skin and don't want to change the settings of the individual windows, I can't evaluate the other skins.
But as already described, with the patch from 12.03.2024 (version 3.6.8837P) I don't have the flickering.

Hello Steve,

I have just downloaded the latest version 3.5(.8899P) and copied it over the existing files. The problem is not here, so everything is fine!

I can stay on 3.5 at the moment as I can't see the differences between 3.5 and 3.6 at the moment. Nevertheless, I would ask you to check why the flickering appears in later versions of 3.6.8837 P).

Many thanks to you, community, for your help!

Best regards, Mike

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

phred

• Global Moderator
Since I only use the Aerobee skin and don't want to change the settings of the individual windows, I can't evaluate the other skins.
You can change skins and the layout will remain the same. Try the MB default skin.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce any issues and i cant think of anything thats changed as compared to v3.5 that might cause such issues. So i guess it will remain unsolved for now

djmst

Hi Steven,

ok thanks anyway for your time and testing. Unfortunately, I can't explain the problem either.

But I would still like to know one thing: what is the difference between 3.5 and 3.6?

Thank you and have a nice evening

phred

• Global Moderator

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

mrbenn

I have noticed that the window can glitch when changing views from one playlist or library filter to another as of the last 3.6P (8899) which I don't think was there on the previous build of 3.6 I was running (not sure on the number, but I think 2 versions prior)

It occurs during the time between clicking something, eg a playlist, and the contents appearing on the screen. As soon as the list comes up it clears and looks normal.

This is a pretty mild example.

This is more extreme.

It's like the top third of the window suddenly doesn't know where it is so just spams bits of itself in other places.

Steven

• Administrator
this is the build from 12-may, so could you try that to confirm its something in MB that has changed
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee36_Patched12May.zip

mrbenn

Yes, it still happens with that version.

Out of curiosity I tried the .old version (2024-03-12) from /patches and despite hammering it the issue does not occur.

Steven

• Administrator
can you try temporarily disabling the plugins you use, including any dsp plugins

mrbenn

Went to latest 3.6 patch (8905) and tried this but no change, either with or without restarting MB after turning off a plugin. Additional Tagging Tools is the only external one I have installed and enabled.

Since I basically live entirely in the Tracks view, I tried a few others and switching between different filters with different views set.

Oddly, it seems to be less common if the Tracks or Album and Tracks views are not used. IE if I switch between a filter with Tracks as the view and another with Album Covers as the view it usually does not glitch. If its between those two it usually does. Perhaps its to do with those two having a lot of text?

On one occasion, switching to the Album and Tracks view went very glitchy and the album art used for the playlist banner went full Tetris and started moving top to bottom leaving trails of itself behind. I didn't get to the screenshot key in time for that.