Author Topic: Remove tune from library when using MOVE or COPY To Organised Folder  (Read 186 times)

stewlewis

As detailed in my question in the other Questions sub, this outlines my reasoning for wanting an automatic 'remove from library'.

Is it possible to uncheck the Add To Library box when I auto-organise my files? It's greyed out.

Reason:
I use a PC to buy, download, tag, and sort my music, in the inbox.
I delete those I'd never play, the other's once tagged I use the Move to Organised Folder and Add to Library.
I audition these files on any PC or Phone etc. for those I wish to use with my DJ Controller. The files reside on my always on music PC.

Some of those file I wish to keep but would never DJ with, these files I use a button to fire off Move To Organised folder, copying these files to my home server.
And I would like to remove them from the Library on my Music PC as part of the automated process.

(The files are copied to my home server into a monitored folder with the MB instance that runs on the home server for everyone in the house's music)

Zak

• Global Moderator
I'm not one to be contrary for the sake of it, but you're asking for MusicBee to do something with a file and then never show it to you again.
It's so specific to this one use case and utterly confusing to anyone else that I think it would be a bad thing to implement as requested.
Lots of people have enough problems understanding how the "library" works already without providing fuel for a new stream of threads asking "Where did my music go?".  :-\

The other thread did suggest using a filter instead.
Given that you aren't deleting these files - because you want them available on other machines - something like a custom tag that you use to flag tracks you want to see when DJing seems a more elegant workaround.
Bee excellent to each other...

phred

• Global Moderator
Why not set up a filter for the tracks you don't want to see. And then don't enable that filter until the time comes that you -want- to see them.
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Filters
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

stewlewis

Thanks guys, yes maybe it's too specific and only applies to a very few folks.
I'm using a filter at the moment based on the destination's path and then deleting those, From The Library Only.

I though as we do have the open to Delete - Remove From Library Only it would be something that could be available when using auto-organise in some way.