Author Topic: playlist lock doesn't prevent deleting  (Read 406 times)

fdjkhfkl

when a playlist is locked, the order can't be changed but pressing delete will still delete it. this should be probably be prevented as well

phred

• Global Moderator
If you're referring to the Navigation Lock being applied to a playlist tab, then this is not a bug. It is a NAVIGATION lock. As far as I can recall, there is no method to lock a playlist other than by the method I described. If you are referring to something else, please post a screenshot showing exactly where this lock is.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
As far as I can recall, there is no method to lock a playlist other than by the method I described. If you are referring to something else, please post a screenshot showing exactly where this lock is.
I can't remember if it's on a static or auto playlist, but one of the two has a lock button near the settings on a playlist header.
I haven't played around with it before to see what it locks and what it doesn't.

Edit: Reference screenshot:

Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 04:48:22 PM by Mayibongwe
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

phred

• Global Moderator
Interesting. I now see that it's on static playlists only. And I've never noticed it before. Thanks Mayibongwe.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
when a playlist is locked, the order can't be changed but pressing delete will still delete it. this should be probably be prevented as well
Not able to test it right now, but if what you say is true, then I'm inclined to agree with you there.
A locked playlist shouldn't permit the removal of songs within that playlist.
(unless maybe it's a removal from both the library and computer too).
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

tjinc

You can lock a static playlist ('lock' button on playlist header or right-click on playlist name > Lock Playlist)

This does prevent dragging of tracks to a different position in the playlist and prevents changing the manual order of tracks +++. It also prevents deletion of the playlist. You can still sort the playlist tracks by clicking on a column header (but you cannot update the playlist order).

The OP is correct in that it does not prevent deletion of tracks from within the playlist and I agree that it does seem like something it should do.

Not sure if this should be a wishlist request rather than a bug report though.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Thanks for the detailed feedback on what that button covers tjinc.
And yes, this largely falls on the wishlist margins of the forum.

Edit: somewhat off-topic, but this is the ideal kind of detailed info we'd want to have on the Wiki too.
I don't think it's been updated since Psychoadept last worked on it (whom btw I haven't seen on the forum in a bit and I hope he's alright).

Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 05:12:56 PM by Mayibongwe

Steven

• Administrator
i agree Delete should be disabled and thats now done for the next patch update.
However the "Include in Playlist" function still lets you add files due to performance reasons

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 10:39:51 AM by Steven

fdjkhfkl

thank you!

this will prevent unintentionally songs deletion when musicbee is accidentally in focus on another screen