Author Topic: How do I delete characters from a tag from a specific point and for tot characte  (Read 241 times)

Fox63

Hi

I would like to do something a bit special.
In many titles there is other information in brackets, for example: radio edit, mix, album version.
I would like to move that part to another field (tag).
I was able to move the text with this command: $Split($Split(<Title>,"(",2),")",1)
But then I can't delete it from the title tag.
Example: Stranger In Moscow (Tee's In-house Club Mix)
In the title tag must remain: 'Stranger In Moscow' while the remainder must be moved to a tag (Subtitle): Tee's In-house Club Mix.
Why this?
Often these subtitles are very long and I would like to display a few sizes less than the title to fit everything in one line.

Thanks to those who can help me out

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm fairly certain this can be accomplished using the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin. If you have questions about its use, or need help with getting it to do what you want, please post the questions on the plugin's thread and not here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Fox63

I'm fairly certain this can be accomplished using the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin. If you have questions about its use, or need help with getting it to do what you want, please post the questions on the plugin's thread and not here.

It may be that advanced search & replace AT & RT can do what I want, but I would like it to be done automatically with a script in a virtual field.
The reason is soon stated. I import tags automatically from different sources, and I would have to remember each time to take the function from the menu and activate it on a selection.
Anyway thanks for the suggestion I will study that function, also because I think it is the only one that has the probability to do what I want, better than nothing.

phred

• Global Moderator
Someone who's good at RegEx might be able to come up with a virtual tag, but even with my limited knowledge I don't think a "multi-function" virtual tag can be accomplished.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Fox63

Someone who's good at RegEx might be able to come up with a virtual tag, but even with my limited knowledge I don't think a "multi-function" virtual tag can be accomplished.

You are right!!!
Also because with the automatism it can't work, because when it is deleted from the title tag it is automatically also deleted from the subtitle tag.
I found the preset in advanced serarch & replace and it works but, as mentioned above, then it also deletes from the subtitle tag because the data takes it from the title.
I think this has to be done manually with a cut & paste or with a script that does the cut & paste itself.
Sorry I didn't think it through before writing

hiccup

Why not use two virtual tags?
One that shows the title with the subtitle removed, and another one that shows the subtitle with the title removed?