Author Topic: getting rid of duplicated and now the files are missing from my computer!Help!  (Read 169 times)

slipknotmr

So just recently got music bee and had it scan my computer for music to ad to my library. Ended up with a lot of duplicate tracks in some albums, so I used toles to get rid of duplicates. but now those albums that I did this too, while still in my music bee library and gone my my computer!! Un acceptable! This means I can't burn these songs to a disc or do anything with them but play on music bee. How do I get them back PLEASE??  Really freaking out here, been collecting for years and just wiped out a big chunk of it in just a few minutes

frankz

How are the songs not on your computer but still playable in Musicbee? That does not make any sense.

Right click on one of these files and select "Edit".  Then go to the Properties tab and look at the Location field at the bottom.  That's where the file is on your computer.

MotleyG

So you installed a brand new player.  Scanned what you believe was your whole library. Believe the software found a bunch of duplicate tracks. And the first thing that comes to mind is to delete the suspected duplicates?

Perhaps the first step should have been to check if there really were duplicates in the file manager. And the more important thing  to ask - do you have a full backup of your music library you can restore from?

slipknotmr

I found all the music in my recycle bin. I guess I had checked delete duplicates instead of hide duplicates .Whoops. Anyway I managed to get all the missing files restered. Lesson learned. Thanks