Author Topic: Theatre mode - display time remaining only  (Read 220 times)

jed87527

Does anyone know if it's possible to display just the 'time remaining' in theatre mode?

It would be the total duration of the song that counts down to 0 as the track is played.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Search for "Time" in here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=39780.0
I just can't remember off the top of my head if it shows the played duration or the remaining one.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

jed87527

Thanks for your reply. It only has these fields which ive tested....

playDuration
playPosition

.... if i can subtract playDuration with playPosition, that will ouput 'time remaining'. I dont suppose you know how that would be coded in XML?

Im not that technical and appreciate any input you could give, thanks

tjinc

There are people on this forum much better that myself with theatre modes but I don't think you can do mathematical calculations in the xml code.
The best I can come up with is:

where the left side counts up (time played) and the right side counts down (time remaining - which is the bit you want?)

This uses the ProgressPosition element, included in my suggestion to you here.

Note that you can toggle the format of this element by clicking on the time when in the main player view:

jed87527

Thanks tjinc and apologises for not seeing that detail in the previous post. It seems I didnt toggle the time code on the main player first as you suggested

To get just time remaining displaying, I then used PlayDuration, BUT weirldy i needed to have PlayPosition present too in order to get a countdown without lag, which I then changed to the same colour as my background to hide.

For some reason PlayDuration on its own kept freezing. The two elements together works fine.  

Thanks for your help :-)
Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 01:48:30 PM by jed87527