Author Topic: Slight zoom in in main covers (Covers view)  (Read 417 times)

purplebee

In Covers view, when tracks are shown directly under the selected album and the primary cover is shown to the left of them, said cover gets slightly zoomed. This doesn't happen with alternate covers.

I've made a recording in which I added a red border to a cover, and placed copies of it as Cover 1 (Primary) and Cover 3. Both covers are identical yet you only see the red border with Cover 3: https://youtu.be/N3jFRMYFlAM

I know this is a very minor thing but I think both primary and alternate covers should be displayed in the same way, without the zoom in. Also I've tried this with a few other skins and the problem persisted.

I'm using version 3.6.8843

hiccup

What do you believe to be the actual and replicateable software bug here?

It looks like you have several artwork images that (besides perhaps their sizes or resolutions) show the same visual information.
(I'm not sure why you would want that in the first place to be honest)

Can you share the exact properties of each of the mage files you presented?
And explain what it is that you believe MusicBee is doing wrong in showing (a thumbnail of) each of them?
Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 12:37:22 AM by hiccup

purplebee

What do you believe to be the actual and replicateable software bug here?

It looks like you have several artwork images that (besides perhaps their sizes or resolutions) show the same visual information.
(I'm not sure why you would want that in the first place to be honest)

Can you share the exact properties of each of the mage files you presented?
And explain what it is that you believe MusicBee is doing wrong in showing (a thumbnail of) each of them?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. The only reason I added two copies of the same image was to get proof for this thread. Both images are identical 1010x1010 JPG files, titles Cover.jpg (primary cover) and "Cover - Copy. jpg".

This is how said the primary cover (Cover.jpg) is displayed:

This is how said the alternate cover (Cover - Copy.jpg) is displayed:

I zoomed in on the screenshot so the differences would be more noticeable. Notice how the alternate cover shows more of the red border than the primary cover. I believe MB (in this particular view) slightly trims the borders of the primary cover while resizing/displaying it. I'm inclined to think this isn't intended behavior because it doesn't happen to alternate covers.

Steven

• Administrator
yes its intentional as jpg pictures often have border issues. I will look to make it consistent behaviour with the alternative images

Steven

• Administrator
i have made some tweaks to the next v3.6 update. It still trims the border but will be consistent for each picture