Author Topic: silvestreccf's skins  (Read 921 times)

karbock

Skins by silvestreccf

New common download link
for the following skins created by silvestreccf (deactivated account),
with the author's prior approval:
  • Aura Dark
  • Aura Light
  • Aurora
  • Purenight Blue

2024.04.25:
The download links used in the respective skin pages are now valid and up-to-date (thanks, Steven).

Aura Dark

Version2.0 "Newlights"
DeviantArt pageHere, for comments on changes and more screenshots
Preview

Aura Light

Version6.0 "Newlights"
DeviantArt pageHere, for comments on changes and more screenshots
Preview

Aurora

Version3.0
Preview

Purenight Blue

Version2.0
Preview

Silvestreccf's homepages

Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 09:54:24 AM by karbock

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Thanks for this karbock.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

karbock

Thanks for this karbock.
Uyamukelwa.
As an echo to your epigraph:
       Little drops of water,
       Little grains of sand,
       Make the mighty ocean
       And the pleasant land.

(From "Little Things", by Julia Carney)

olazzzzz

Fantastic, I love the look of Purenight Blue 2.0!
Would it be possible to have all track details listed with the same color, instead of alternating?
I swear I have tried, even with hiccup's Sample Skin, but I cannot find the right line of code to replace.
Thank you!

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Would it be possible to have all track details listed with the same color, instead of alternating?
Open the .xml in a text editor and search for all occurrences of "alternating".
There shouldn't be a lot of those and the element in question will have track details in its name.
From there on, it's just a matter of changing the rgb values to match the main rows.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

olazzzzz

The thing is that it is a .xmlc skin, so I don't know which lines are being used in the original skin.
Following hiccup's instructions, I created a child .xml skin and used Sample Skin as the template to copy/paste the lines from, but every line with the word "alternating" in which I change the RGB values does not give the desired results.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
If you are working with a piggy-back or overriding skin file, then it may not only be one element that you have to change.
See here for a recent display of element dependency on MB skins: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=40165.msg217774#msg217774

So what you'd need to do is probably list all Content[TrackDetail] elements in your overriding skin in order for it to take effect.

hiccup

Following hiccup's instructions, I created a child .xml skin and used Sample Skin as the template to copy/paste the lines from, but every line with the word "alternating" in which I change the RGB values does not give the desired results.

You may be doing something wrong.
This works fine for me:
Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root dependsOn="Purenight Blue 2.0.xmlc">
<element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Default" bg="34,35,39" fg="150,150,150" />
</root>

I also noticed the Purenight Blue 2.0 skin may have some flaw(s):
E.g. nothing happens when left-clicking the hamburger menu button top-left.

karbock

I also noticed the Purenight Blue 2.0 skin may have some flaw(s):
E.g. nothing happens when left-clicking the hamburger menu button top-left.

On my computer, the hamburger menu responds, with Purenight Blue 2.0.xmlc alone, or with a piggy-back based on it.

Code
<root dependsOn="PureNight Blue 2.0.xmlc">
<element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Default" bg="040,042,052" fg="170,170,170" bdr="100,60,80" />
<element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Default" bg="044,049,060" fg="170,170,170" />
</root>

hiccup

On my computer, the hamburger menu responds, with Purenight Blue 2.0.xmlc alone, or with a piggy-back based on it.
That bug then probably depends on the layout that you are using.

olazzzzz

Thank you for your answers.
@hiccup your method does indeed work, but it turns the lighter of the two fonts into the same darker color.
I wanted precisely the opposite: to have the darker font equal to that of the brighter.

I can report the hamburger icon does also not work for me.

hiccup

@hiccup your method does indeed work, but it turns the lighter of the two fonts into the same darker color.
I wanted precisely the opposite: to have the darker font equal to that of the brighter.
It does that for me.

olazzzzz

You are right! But let me ask it another way then, how could I achieve changing both the darker and the brighter font colors?
I wouldn't mind having them both brighter.
Thanks!

hiccup

But let me ask it another way then, how could I achieve changing both the darker and the brighter font colors?
I think you have been handed all the tools and explanations that should make it easy for you to solve this by yourself now.
I'm sorry, but the bus stops here for me.

olazzzzz

Thanks hiccup! Here it is, for whomever it may benefit:

Code
<root dependsOn="PureNight Blue 2.0.xmlc">
<element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Default" bg="034,035,039" fg="200,200,200" bdr="100,60,80" />
<element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Default" bg="034,035,039" fg="200,200,200" />
</root>
The two font colors are now both 200,200,200