Author Topic: what has happened to my lyrics panel please  (Read 1021 times)

frankz

You have, without a doubt, unintentionally pasted this information, which is the full text of Warren Buffett's 2015 letter to Berkshire's shareholders, into the lyrics field yourself.  There is no other explanation.

johnnyboy

So have I done this for all the songs that have these lyrics! 500 best songs , forrest gump scripts  I could go on. Why would I do this? What's my motive! Where do I get these Lyrics from!!. Look at the screen shot for Tag inspector lyrics. I DID NOT PASTE THESE LYRICS OR CHANGE ANY SETTINGS. You are patronizing me because you don't know the answer.

frankz

Which of these lyrics providers stores things like the full text of Warren Buffett's annual shareholder letters in their database and to decided send them multiple times as song lyrics to exactly one Musicbee user and no one else ever in history?

1 Musicmatch
2 Deezer
3 Musicmatch (fuzzy)
4 Deezer (fuzzy)
5 Chartlyrics.com
6 Genius
7 Genius (fuzzy)

You're right.  I'm having a hard time figuring this out.  Maybe someone else can crack the impossible mystery of how they got there.

Either you unintentionally pasted these things there, or whatever source you're receiving your song files from put these things there.  Either way, this is not a musicbee issue.
Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 08:37:13 PM by frankz

hiccup

I'm not trying to be awkward. I thought the screenshots would give you the info you asked for.
Lyrics providers are
1 Musicmatch
2 Deezer
3 Musicmatch (fuzzy)
4 Deezer (fuzzy)
5 Chartlyrics.com
6 Genius
7 Genius (fuzzy)

If you believe this happened when using the LyricsReloaded plugin, you should try to replicate it for new to-be-acquired lyrics.
Make sure that the plugin adds the source of the lyrics to the lyrics.

from the readme:

Advanced
========
- Want your retrieved lyrics to indicate which source they came from?
  Then open the 'Settings.ini' file located in the plugin's AppData folder.
  Change the 'enabled' value of the <showSource> setting from 'false' to 'true'.

- By default, the source will appear at the bottom of the lyrics when the above setting is enabled.
  To have it appear at the top instead, change the 'position' attribute from 'bottom' to 'top'.

Then keep an eye on if it happens again, and what provider delivered those non-lyrics.

If you are not able to replicate it and/or narrow the possible causes down, this will probably remain your personal mystery that other users shouldn't trouble their brains with.
Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 09:07:12 PM by hiccup

tjinc

Interesting to see that Warren Buffet is in fact on Genius:
https://genius.com/artists/Warren-buffett

The lyrics to all your favourite WB releases are available: From the breakthrough "Letter To Shareholders 2011" and the hugely successful follow up "Letter To Shareholders 2012" and of course, taking us all back to those halcyon days of yore, the ever-popular "Keeping America Great" ft. Bill Gates.

Who would have thought it.

frankz

Hmmm...I see Wells Fargo mentioned in the 2015 Letter to Shareholders.  Of course, the song that wound up with that letter as its lyrics is called "Wells Fargo." Coincidence, or am I wearing an egg mask?

Paging @Mayibongwe!  Did (fuzzy) get a little too fuzzy?

phred

• Global Moderator
Interesting to see that Warren Buffet is in fact on Genius:
A Google search shows that at least the 2012 letter to shareholders is legitimate. So I assume the others are also. But the question is, did Berkshire Hathaway post them (and if so, why?) or did some clown on the Internet think it would be funny?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hmmm...I see Wells Fargo mentioned in the 2015 Letter to Shareholders.
Of course, the song that wound up with that letter as its lyrics is called "Wells Fargo." Coincidence, or am I wearing an egg mask?
Paging @Mayibongwe!  Did (fuzzy) get a little too fuzzy?
It would appear so, but the excessive fuzziness seems specific to OP only.
I just ran a Genius (fuzzy) search on the following and it's giving me the correct lyrics.

Title: Wells Fargo (2022 Remaster)
Artist: Babe Ruth

Title: On the Beach (2003 Remaster)
Artist: Neil Young

What the fuzzy versions basically do is perform a search on https://www.google.com/search?q=Genius+{title}+{artist} for example and then grab the first result.
What I can't confirm is if the first search result differs from user-to-user...location-to-location...browser-to-browser etc.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

frankz

It could very well be that OP got the files pre-tagged with lyrics that were pulled using a method that is not quite as accurate as what you've developed.  I just thought it was odd that Wells Fargo was mentioned in that letter. 

I remain unconvinced that this happened within MusicBee.

johnnyboy

So good to have a lively discussion which isn't an MB bug. It's still part of we need to make things work for us.
So here's my "confession". Don't kill me  8) 
I have Tidal  Hi res and I have found an app which downloads songs to flac format. A lot of the tidal tracks don't have any lyrics so I think the app I'm using to download is making stuff up. Babe Ruth Cool jerk song gives me the complete screenplay of Oliver Stone's Scarface!! A good read.

hiccup

Don't kill me  8)  
Don't worry, you never (directly) accused MusicBee or the Lyrics Reloaded plugin to be the cause.
It is a pity though that you failed to consider or mention other software that you are using that is also using/managing your music files when the issue was raised and discussed.

But the important thing is that the mystery has been solved now.
So thanks for sharing what you have discovered to be the cause.

It has been one of the more interesting mysteries lately ;-)
Who would ever have thought that shareholder reports would be discussed on this forum?
Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 10:16:29 PM by hiccup