Author Topic: what has happened to my lyrics panel please  (Read 1028 times)

johnnyboy

:'(  I have no idea what has happened in my lyrics panel. Sometimes in the past I would get lyrics that were right band wrong song. But now I really have no idea what's going on.I've n tried all I know with my MB experience! thanks.
https://imgur.com/oVDolLw
Been with MB years now and I am stumped

hiccup

Sometimes in the past I would get lyrics that were right band wrong song. But now I really have no idea what's going on.
So you are no longer getting 'right band wrong song', and you are asking how to get 'right band wrong song' back?

johnnyboy

erm did you see the screenshot i posted. if not I apologise. Posting screen shots is not that easy for some of us.

frankz

What have you done to troubleshoot? 

Have you looked at the tag editor to see what lyrics are stored in the song?

Do you recognize the information in the panel?

Coogan

erm did you see the screenshot i posted. if not I apologise. Posting screen shots is not that easy for some of us.
I see you are using IMGUR.  That's a good program to share screen shots.  Just make sure to select 'Direct Link' from IMGUR, then select 'Insert Image' from within MusicBee and paste that link.
My MusicBee Version:

phred

• Global Moderator
To be sure I understand the issue... are you missing the lyrics? Or are you missing the panel in which the lyrics display? If the former follow what frankz said. If the latter, open the panel configuration window (little box to the left of the search box) > arrange panels. If "lyrics" is showing on the right side, drag it to where you want it on the left side. If it's on the left, it's already being displayed where it shows.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

johnnyboy

if you look at screen shot on first post the lyrics panel is on RHS. The tag settings have the usual sources stored.
I have tried autotag track-missing lyrics, ticked box to force search lyrics and after a few secs the gobbledegook that's in the lyrics panel is replaced with correct lyrics. Guess I'll have to update each track manually.

frankz

If you paste extraneous information into the lyrics tag, it doesn't matter what sources are stored to retrieve lyrics for the track.  This is because MB doesn't try to find lyrics for tracks that already have information in the lyrics tag. 

This is why I asked about what information you have in the lyrics tag for the song in the screenshot.

I don't understand asking for help and then ignoring the questions of people who are trying to help you.

phred

• Global Moderator
if you look at screen shot on first post the lyrics panel is on RHS.
I'm sorry but perhaps I need glasses. I don't see any lyrics panel showing. If you're referring to the panel at the far right, that looks to me like it contains data from the "upcoming releases" service.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

johnnyboy

Exactly my point. Another song from this neil young album has what looks like 500 best songs of all time!
2 more screen shots showing correct lyrics and sources for lyrics in autotagging
https://imgur.com/jgbKuQS
https://imgur.com/UMW2vx2

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you looked at the tag editor to see what lyrics are stored in the song?
And in the Tag Inspector.

I don't understand asking for help and then ignoring the questions of people who are trying to help you.
THIS. Questions being asked are not being answered. We can't help if you ignore the questions.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

johnnyboy

I'm not trying to be awkward. I thought the screenshots would give you the info you asked for.
Lyrics providers are
1 Musicmatch
2 Deezer
3 Musicmatch (fuzzy)
4 Deezer (fuzzy)
5 Chartlyrics.com
6 Genius
7 Genius (fuzzy)

In panels configuration Right Side Bar is ticked for Lyrics

frankz

Again, it doesn't matter what lyrics provider you're using IF THERE IS ALREADY INFORMATION IN THE LYRICS TAG because MB won't look up new lyrics for tracks that already have info in the Lyrics tag.

This is why I keep asking WHAT IS IN THE LYRICS PAGE OF THE TAG EDITOR for the problem tracks.  

Literally no one has asked how you have lyric retrieval set up.  I don't know why you keep providing information no one is asking for in lieu of what we're directly asking for.
Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 04:26:33 PM by frankz

purplebee

In case you don't know what the other users are asking of you: Select the file, right click it, click on Edit, go to the Lyrics tab and check what lyrics are on it, if any

johnnyboy

thanks Purplebee for a helpful reply
hopefully others can look at this screenshot and see what I'm driving at.
https://imgur.com/a/2Ogd71j