Author Topic: Adding an dedicated Playlist Tab  (Read 636 times)

PrinsDouwe

MusicBee is a great program; however, what I miss is an option for a dedicated playlist screen similar to the existing 'Now Playing', 'Music', 'Podcasts', 'Radio', 'Audiobooks', and 'Music Explorer' tabs. Currently, I can display a single playlist on a 'New' tab, but the layout is identical to that of the music tab, and it does not allow me to manage all my playlists from there. To manage a specific playlist, I must select it from the left sidebar, which then displays it on the tab. I'm used to work with several tabs, and i don't use the left sidebar at all which remains hidden in my view.

If there is already a way to do it, please correct me, as I haven't found one until now.

If there was a previous post with the same question, please notify me and remove this one.
I've searched through the forum, but couldn't find a post with such a question.

PrinsDouwe

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=25777.0

I saw that post and tried it. However, I'm not sure what they meant by "open the playlist explorer" in the left sidebar.
The playlist selection  in the left sidebar is merely a "drop open" menu where you can select a single playlist on an tab.
Not an dedicated screen like "music" where you can manage en select all playlist without using the left sidebar.

purplebee

I get the gist of what you're asking for, but for it to be taken seriously you should be more specific about how playlists would be shown in this hypothetical playlist tab.

Also, just in case you're not aware of this, you can choose to only enable the left sidebar in a specific tab in the "Arrange Panels..." menu.

frankz

I saw that post and tried it. However, I'm not sure what they meant by "open the playlist explorer" in the left sidebar.
There is a selection in the left sidebar literally called "Playlist Explorer."
The playlist selection  in the left sidebar is merely a "drop open" menu where you can select a single playlist on an tab.
Not an dedicated screen like "music" where you can manage en select all playlist without using the left sidebar.
This is not true.  

When you select Playlist Explorer in the left sidebar, it will add a list of your playlists to the left main panel in the same place where your artist/genre/etc list is on the Music tab.  

The tracks in playlist you select in the left main panel will appear to the right using whatever view you want.

If you do not want the left sidebar to stay open, you can hide or auto-hide it just like any other tab.

Zak

• Global Moderator
There is also a Playlist Directory element in the Panels Configuration (View > Arrange Panels...) that is a little more flexible in where it can be positioned.
Bee excellent to each other...

PrinsDouwe

There is a selection in the left sidebar literally called "Playlist Explorer."

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but when I examine the left sidebar, there isn't an option labeled 'Playlist Explorer.' Instead, I see 'Music,' 'Podcasts,' 'Audiobooks,' 'Radio,' 'Now Playing,' and 'Music Explorer' as buttons arranged beneath each other to open their respective screens on a tab. Below these, there are three separate menus that can be expanded by clicking on the arrow in front of the text. These are 'Playlists,' 'Services,' and 'Computer.' Where should I find the 'Playlist Explorer'?"

Is there a difference between the Windows Store version and the version installed from outside the store (via an .exe file, not the portable version)?
I'm using the version installed via a .exe file not the windows store version......

Steven

• Administrator
If you are using v3.5, the "Playlists" tab will already be included in the default install so you might have closed that tab. Perhaps you already have a "Playlist Directory" panel added in which case you wont see "Playlist Explorer" as a choice when adding a new tab.
Can you post a screenshot of the entire musicbee window so all panels are visible.

PrinsDouwe

If you are using v3.5, the "Playlists" tab will already be included in the default install so you might have closed that tab. Perhaps you already have a "Playlist Directory" panel added in which case you wont see "Playlist Explorer" as a choice when adding a new tab.
Can you post a screenshot of the entire musicbee window so all panels are visible.

For screenshot see: https://imgur.com/a/eoxlZu6

Hopefully the link is working.....

frankz

Perhaps you proactively turned off this option under Edit->Edit Preferences-Layout(1)...left sidebar...show navigation tabs?

PrinsDouwe

Perhaps you proactively turned off this option under Edit->Edit Preferences-Layout(1)...left sidebar...show navigation tabs?

That's my problem; I think I turned it off in the past without realizing it.

Thank you for the help; this is exactly what I was searching for.

The topic can be closed or removed now, as it is no longer an issue for the wishlist.

frankz