Author Topic: Entire folder gets skipped when using "Queue Next" in Folder Browser view  (Read 325 times)

geodeo5

W10 & MusicBee v 3.5.8711p

Hi, in Folder Browser view, the bug is that we are unable to play an entire folder (in this case album) and then "queue next" the next folder (next album).  I attached two pics to better explain:

So in Pic 1 I want to play the entire folder of Nu Virgos 2001 album Popykta. So I right click on Popytka and select "Play Now". After that entire album plays (11 songs) I would then like for MusicBee to automatically play their 2004 album Stop! Stop! Stop" so I right click on the Stop! Stop! Stop! folder and select "Queue Next" (Pic 2). So you would think that these steps I took would enable for me to play the entire folder of Popykta followed by MusicBee then automatically playing the entire folder of Stop! Stop! Stop! but no, this doesn't happen. All that happens is Track 1 of Popytka plays and when that one first song of the Popytka folder finishes it jumps all the way to Track 1 of Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! bypassing all the rest of the tracks of Popytka.

So I request that this bug gets fixed by when we right click "Play Now" on a folder that the entire folder plays before moving on to the next queued item whether it be a folder or a single song. Thanks much for your time :-)

Steven

• Administrator
I cant reproduce this so try the latest patch version:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

frankz

Shouldn't you be using "Queue Last" if you want what you're queueing to be played after what's already in the queue?

geodeo5

Shouldn't you be using "Queue Last" if you want what you're queueing to be played after what's already in the queue?

Yes frankz, that works. I had never tried "Queue Last" until your post. But now I don't understand what the difference is between "Queue Next" and "Queue Last". Since I right-clicked on a folder and selected "Play Now" MusicBee should know to play that entire folder before heading on to play something else hence why I was right-clicking on "Queue Next" for the other folders. In what circumstance should I use "Queue Next" then? I can't think of any if it causes the rest of the entire folder to be skipped...

geodeo5

I cant reproduce this so try the latest patch version:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

Hi Sir Steven, thanks for your update but it's exhibiting the same behavior as v3.5.8711p. frankz's solution works but as I explained it doesn't seem to be very intuitive (?) unless I am missing something important :-)

frankz

"Queue Next" means play what I'm queueing next and "Queue Last" means play what I'm queuing last.  I'm not sure how it could be more intuitive.  How is it supposed to know that you don't mean "Next" literally?  What if someone did want to literally play the tracks they were selecting after whatever song was currently playing?  What would they select?

geodeo5

"Queue Next" means play what I'm queueing next and "Queue Last" means play what I'm queuing last.  I'm not sure how it could be more intuitive.  How is it supposed to know that you don't mean "Next" literally?  What if someone did want to literally play the tracks they were selecting after whatever song was currently playing?  What would they select?

Hi frankz, I highlighted what I think is very important in what you said above. Yes, I agree with a single song you are quite correct. But since I had right-clicked a folder to "Play Now" it should play that entire folder before playing whatever is queued next. If I didn't want MusicBee to play that entire folder then I wouldn't (shouldn't) have right-clicked on the folder to "Play Now" but would have only played/queued certain songs in that folder. After all, we are in Folder Browser view :-) That's why I meant it wasn't intuitive. But it's cool, now I know to always select Queue Last for my usage. Thanks for the tip!
Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 01:48:49 PM by geodeo5

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
After all, we are in Folder Browser view :-) That's why I meant it wasn't intuitive.
The 'Queue' commands is about how the selected tracks are added to the 'playing tracks list' and is indpendant of whatever view your in.
You select 'Play Now' from the folder view and it loads all the files in that folder to the 'playing tracks list'.
You have your albums arranged in to folders so you can see the organization, but MB doesn't know that. To MB it's just a collection of files that was inside a specific folder.
When you use 'Queue Next' MB doesn't 'remember that used 'Play Now' the last time and put a whole folder in, it only sees the list of tracks and thinks you want to put the next lot of tracks straight after the currently playing track.

But then we have the 'exception to the rule'.
If you had used 'Queue Next' to load the first album/folder to 'playing tracks list' before you started playing, you CAN queue up folders/albums and have MB add them in the proper order and then press play.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

geodeo5

Thanks much Bee-liever for your kind explanation :-) Is there a chance I could get my hands on your 3.6.8830 P ?

phred

• Global Moderator
Is there a chance I could get my hands on your 3.6.8830 P ?
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here