Author Topic: Restore Manual Order Doesn't load the Original play order.  (Read 97 times)

pacmotion

Hello,
I have a basic playlist, when I move or reorder songs on the fly and I don't save playlist, instead I select the Restore Manual Order and it would indeed display the original order.  This feature now does not appear to be working and saves the reordering that I did on fly.  Has anyone else encountered this anamoly.
Using MB version 3.5.8698 running windows 11 Home. Thanks in advance.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hello pacmotion, welcome to the forum.

When I move or reorder songs on the fly and I don't save playlist, instead I select the Restore Manual Order and it would indeed display the original order.
I'm struggling to visualize how one "saves a playlist" after moving tracks around.
Is there a button that you press to "save the playlist" after moving your tracks around?
The above probably doesn't have anything to do with the issue at hand but it's throwing my thinking off.

1. Can you create a new (static) playlist.
2. Add 5 songs to it and take note of the order in which they are added (the order is allocated to the # field)
3. Then move them around like you always do.
4. Then restore the manual order and confirm to us what the reordering issue you are witnessing is.

In your reply, please post screenshots of the playlist in step 2 and 4.

Edit:
Sorry, disregard the above. I see the order (#) does change instantly when a track is dragged to a new position.
As to whether it did or didn't always work this way, I do not know. The best that I can do to redeem the usefulness of my reply is to suggest that:
You lock your static playlists to prevent changes in the original sort order and then reorder the Upcoming Tracks list instead when listening to your playlists.
Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 09:18:37 AM by Mayibongwe
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.