Author Topic: Progress Bar stuck at 0:00 and cannot scrub  (Read 161 times)

Ximena

Hi everyone,

I'm still very new to MusicBee and after importing a bunch of my music, I started going through the built-in skins to try different looks. I also clicked around in the options and panel settings, but not too much. At some point though I did something which screwed up the progress bar, because now it does not actually advance through the time of the song, it just stays at the beginning and the time on the side of the bottom panel section stays at 0:00 as well. I'll add some pics to show what I mean.

How it looks now, with the bar frozen:

(Imgur link)

So here the song is playing, you can tell by the little visualizer on the left, and is further in than 0:00 but like I said the time never changes and whenever I try to move the green circle to scrub through the song, it snaps back to the beginning again and restarts the whole song. For context the theme I'm using in that screenshot is Dark Metro - Green.

I was going through some other skins literally a few hours ago and this problem didn't occur, I have screenshots I just happened to take because I thought the designs were fun:
In Bee78, you can see the progress filling up the bar in that gold color.
In the Tron Punk theme, the little Recognizer did move.

Also, when I try to use the wave bar, the a similar thing happens, it's just a thin flat line that I can't interact with either.

Here are my settings for what it's worth:
Preferences > Layout (1)
Panels Configuration

Sometimes all of the options for the bottom panel don't show up in preferences depending on the skin, but this problem persists in all skins I've tried since it started, including ones where I can change stuff about the progress bar and wave bar.

This doesn't majorly affect usability for me but it is just frustrating and visually weird. Please someone let me know where I screwed up here and how to get the progress bar back to normal. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
can you send a link to your settings (help/ support/ view settings)
and also say which MB version you are using (help/ about)

Ximena

can you send a link to your settings (help/ support/ view settings)
and also say which MB version you are using (help/ about)

It's version 3.5.8698
Here's a link to the settings I think.

Though I think this problem may be related to the original file type of the songs themselves rather than a MusicBee setting, because the problem only occurs with FLAC files, not M4A files. So that may just be me being stupid about file types.

Steven

• Administrator
I cant reproduce any issues including playing flac files. It might be worth updating to the latest patch version if you are not using the Store version.
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

If it still happens guess you could PM me link to one of the flac files

If you had said the problem was with .m4a files i would have advised installing bass_aac.dll

edit:
one more thing if nothing else works is to remove the visualiser panel from the right sidebar