Author Topic: Option to prevent double click edit of playlist names  (Read 393 times)

mreight

I tend to double click a playlist to start playing it. I don't want to edit the playlist name when I do this. A checkbox that prevents edits from happening just like under Tags (2) > "enable direct editing of tags in main panel" would be what I am looking for. Thank you if you ever get to applying this feature. Best wishes.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Double-click speed is a Windows-wide setting, so if you also notice this behaviour in other programs - e.g. double-clicking a file in Windows File Explorer to open it - you may have your detection speed set too slow.
Open Mouse Settings from the Start menu, select Additional mouse options, and set your Double-click speed faster to see if that prevents accidental renaming.

Bee excellent to each other...

mreight

Double-click speed is a Windows-wide setting, so if you also notice this behaviour in other programs - e.g. double-clicking a file in Windows File Explorer to open it - you may have your detection speed set too slow.
Open Mouse Settings from the Start menu, select Additional mouse options, and set your Double-click speed faster to see if that prevents accidental renaming.

I'm not double clicking on accident because of the double click speed. I'm just human? I just don't want to rename my playlists when I want to execute them, and click a third time on accident. It just feels like double clicking on playlists to start them has become normal from using computers for my whole life, and MusicBee does that. Double click generally initiates processes like opening folders, or executing programs. Sometimes an extra click happens, and that is why I imagine that the checkbox under "Tags (2)" that prevents renaming songs exists, no? Same thing is what I am asking for. If it's too much to request, so be it. MusicBee is a great application. It'll be great with, or without, this function. Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear on the initial request. Rip me getting roasted cause I can't double click without sometimes clicking a third time on accident.  :P

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you aware that instead of double-clicking on a playlist you can right-click and select "Play Now"? That eliminated the possible double- triple-click issue you're having and Steven doesn't need to add something that only one user has had an issue with.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

mreight

I made an account to request this feature. I thought this was a forum to request features.

How about next time this happens you guys just delete the post and give a reason as to why the request is null instead of assuming the user is incompetent?

I'll just leave that forum feature request, but don't worry I'm not coming back to check if you decided to bat it away, so don't waste your time responding, please.

Great way to make people just never want to stay here is assuming they are stupid, and then hosing down their request because you judge it as insignificant.

Bye.