Author Topic: One-way sync from SD card to an iPhone.  (Read 243 times)

Ari_B3

I haven't done this in a while, so bare with my autism and general fumbling about-

I recently bought an iPhone 5SE for nostalgic purposes, small form-factor OTG music listening and replacement parts availability. Just- look how cute it is. :3

Now before this- I've had an iPod Mini, and a 5th Gen Video. Both with Rockbox installed. Drag-and-drop with every new song I acquired.

But I'm not trying to jailbreak the SE with ra1ncheck yet, so I'm forced to do this the OE way.

I just want to do OWS from the SD card that is usually in my V60 ThinQ. All of my songs are divided into folders that are generally 1:1 with my playlists. I just can't figure out how to translate that to MusicBee. Someone else made a similar thread a couple years ago, but from how I read the 2nd to last post- basically- 'nah- it's not possible, bud'- but I'm not even sure if this is my specific case.

I've been on both the iTunes/iPhone Reddit- removed by the mods almost immediately. I'm just trying to allow this SE fulfill its one purpose.

TL;DR - Syncing 6000+ songs within two root folders with one folder having about 27 subfolders of music, and my playlists (.m3u)― to an iPhone SE. Possible with plugins?
Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 07:41:28 PM by Ari_B3

phred

• Global Moderator
There are no MB plugins that would work with any iDevice. And MB doesn't support anything with newer iDevices. So the question becomes, why are you using MB for this?

Perhaps copy the contents of the card to your PC and then us something (iTunes?) to move the contents to your iPhone.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Ari_B3

There are no MB plugins that would work with any iDevice. And MB doesn't support anything with newer iDevices. So the question becomes, why are you using MB for this?

Perhaps copy the contents of the card to your PC and then us something (iTunes?) to move the contents to your iPhone.

I have 20GB out of 128GB of storage left on my PC. All of my music stays on my primary phone, but I really wanna have this SE as a cute unconventional DAP.

I have tried it on iTunes- the issue is- it doesn't say when a song doesn't export successfully, nor will it convert them. I was missing 200+ songs by the time it was done and had to manually convert my OGG's. I actually stayed up all night and blacked out on the floor trying to get past all that BS, and got nothing but low blood sugar and a headache. WALTR PRO isn't something I feel is worth paying for, and I've went from Foobar, to CopyTrans, to everything else that is on this list.

I don't know why I'm using MB either. I'm just looking for programs that'll do what I need and MB was apparently one of them- or- isn't anymore from how you described it.
¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

MotleyG

I don't know what iOS version that device will update to. I would recommend a non-Apple player like BTR AMP or Neutron Music Player that you can download from the App Store if they are compatible. These can play music independently for the typical Apple closed system. Then you can just transfer music through the Files or MS Remote Desktop apps to this iDevice and play them natively with one of these players. BTR AMP has a much more user friendly UI, Neutron is focused on the audiophile side of things with a ridiculous number of tweaks you can apply.

BoringName

Only way to do it is to copy everything on the SD card to your computer and manage it from there. If you are not prepared to do that then don't waste time reading the rest of the post.

If you import it into Musicbee, you can use playlists to choose what you want to be sent to the iPhone and use the iPod & iPhone driver plugin in Musicbee. There is a thread on how to use it in the plugins section of the forum, it involves installing iTunes to handle the copying of the songs to the iPhone.

As you found out, iTunes does not support OGG files but you can set Musicbee to automatically format them so they will import into iTunes. But this will basically store a second copy of all the songs that get transcoded in a temp folder on your laptop, its going to take up more space. Also you are bound to still get some that fail to copy just because iTunes is bloody terrible, there is more info on how to handle that in the plugin thread.

There is a way to sync Musicbee with your android device wirelessly. My partner does it just fine with 40k+ songs. The issue is also trying to sync it with an apple device. Apple stuff just doesn't play nice with others and even though what I have mentioned above will work, it's probably going to be slow and annoying to get it to work how you want. You would be better off just shelving that iPhone and getting something else.