Author Topic: Release Types seem to be tagged incorrectly  (Read 162 times)

so_la_la

Hello,
I have come across this thread and would like to bring it to the attention of MB... The op has difficulties with the release type tag in Musicbee and turns to Mp3tag for a solution.
https://community.mp3tag.de/t/display-tag-that-is-not-supported/63795/8
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I'm still finding my way around Custom Tags.
But seeing as <release type> is an example of such a tag, it means its definition (whether correct or not) is entirely down to the user.

We have to see a screenshot of how that <release type> tag was defined in MusicBee.
The below reply indicates that the user probably has their id3 identifier as TXXX:MusicBrainz Album Type, which should just be MusicBrainz Album Type

Quote from: Spastenflosser
No, no, the issue is that Musicbee writes "TXXX/TXXX:MusicBrainz Album Type". This is not recognized by Mp3tag and I can't get it to be displayed.
When I tag in Mp3tag, it writes "MusicBrainz Album Type" only, which it then displays like this, and which MusicBee then displays as "TXXX/MusicBrainz Album Type".

Edit: This is far from being a MusicBee bug report - a section which you posted this under.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

so_la_la

This is far from being a MusicBee bug report - a section which you posted this under.
Maybe this was a preset in MusicBee when making new tags? Aren't those fields populated automatically for each file type when creating new custom tags?
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Aren't those fields populated automatically for each file type when creating new custom tags?
Yes, they are. But the content of what's auto-filled is exactly what the user would have entered under "identifier" to represent the tag name.

On a custom tag slot, if I type out "MusicBee" as the identifier, the values that will auto-fill on each of the file types will be "MusicBee".
I'm new to Custom Tags, but I'm certain that MB delegates 100% of the responsibility of Custom Tag definition to the user. There are no presets/assumptions on its part.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.