Author Topic: Play Now plays albums from first track rather then selected track.  (Read 517 times)

Shy Guy on Wheels

I find this problem only happens with the tracklist that appears underneath an album when you click an album cover, and only when play now is set to 'clear list and play selected tracks only'. Anywhere else it plays from the currently highlighted track, and under any other setting play now starts from the selected track, it just seems to be these two settings combined causing an issue.

for reference I have play now set to Enter in the hotkeys, if this changes anything

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
for reference I have play now set to Enter in the hotkeys, if this changes anything
I can't test this until the weekend, but regarding ur statement above:
Is the result any different when playback is invoked through a mouse click rather than a hotkey?
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Shy Guy on Wheels

I can't test this until the weekend, but regarding ur statement above:
Is the result any different when playback is invoked through a mouse click rather than a hotkey?
Double clicking works fine, also removing the hotkey causes Enter to play the selected track just fine, though this isn't much of a fix as it means Enter won't play the track in other views.

Steven

• Administrator
could you provide a screenshot? Right now i am not understanding what the difference between a highlighted track and a selected track is.

Shy Guy on Wheels

could you provide a screenshot? Right now i am not understanding what the difference between a highlighted track and a selected track is.
There is no difference between the two, apologies for any confusion this caused.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
#1   I find this problem only happens with the tracklist that appears underneath an album when you click an album cover,
#2   and only when play now is set to 'clear list and play selected tracks only'.
Are you sure you mentioned the right setting in #2 there?
In my testing, the above option as well as "clear list and play album only" works as intended:
Album tracks play in the selected order after using the Enter key - which seems to be the default key for that command.

For me, the problem you described arises when the option "clear list and play all tracks" is selected.
With that on and irrespective of which track is selected, playback always initiates from Track #1 when the Enter/Play Now hotkey is used.
Double-clicking though, and changing the PlayNow action to any other key but Enter, works fine as you said.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Steven

• Administrator
yeah, i am also unable to reproduce this. Can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Shy Guy on Wheels

Are you sure you mentioned the right setting in #2 there?
In my testing, the above option as well as "clear list and play album only" works as intended:
Album tracks play in the selected order after using the Enter key - which seems to be the default key for that command.

For me, the problem you described arises when the option "clear list and play all tracks" is selected.
With that on and irrespective of which track is selected, playback always initiates from Track #1 when the Enter/Play Now hotkey is used.
Double-clicking though, and changing the PlayNow action to any other key but Enter, works fine as you said.
Oh my bad lol. Yeah you're right, I have it set it 'clear list and play all tracks', so I'm not sure why I stated the wrong option in the OP. again, sorry for any confusion caused.

yeah, i am also unable to reproduce this. Can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sJo3JkA9DXdYDeSJJm6lNB7gwTk4yUWE/view?usp=drive_link
https://mega.nz/file/fOZ3gB5A#72GbtrCNIrzOjuNZLkHvyGqnTWlTpeGVjPWbyvStpG4
Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 03:16:12 PM by Shy Guy on Wheels

phred

• Global Moderator
Could you please repost your settings file to MediaFire or some other file hosting service that does not require the user to create an account and/or log in?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Shy Guy on Wheels

Could you please repost your settings file to MediaFire or some other file hosting service that does not require the user to create an account and/or log in?
Ah apologies, I forgot to set it as public, I would've assumed Google Drive did that automatically. It should work now, but just in case there's any further issues I've also uploaded the file to MEGA and added that to the post.

Steven

• Administrator
thats fixed for the next update which i will post later

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 08:21:20 AM by Steven

Shy Guy on Wheels

thats fixed for the next update which i will post later

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
I've tested this patch and it has fixed the problem. Thank you for the help!