Author Topic: Now playing Artwork viewing  (Read 425 times)

olazzzzz

Three questions rolled into one (I hope that's OK), but all concerning the viewing of artwork in the Now Playing tab:

- Is there a way to configure the size of the artwork to better fill the space available in the panel? In the screenshot, you can see how much space is being wasted.
- Is it possible to configure the time that it takes to rotate between images?
- When you double click the artwork, you can see it in real-size. This is fantastic, but would be great to be able to change to the next one when desired. Is this possible?

Thank you all!

phred

• Global Moderator
In the future please start a new thread for each unrelated question/topic. Putting multiple questions in one thread can lead to confusion as to which question is being addressed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

olazzzzz

I apologize for that, I did not want to spam the forum with questions all related to the functioning of the image viewer in the Now Playing Tab.

tjinc

- Is there a way to configure the size of the artwork to better fill the space available in the panel? In the screenshot, you can see how much space is being wasted.
- Is it possible to configure the time that it takes to rotate between images?
- When you double click the artwork, you can see it in real-size. This is fantastic, but would be great to be able to change to the next one when desired. Is this possible?
I feel I am going to be rather negative in response to these questions:
No, no and no.
(I did warn you!)

Assuming that you are using the 'Large Album' view of the Now Playing tab:
Is there a way to configure the size of the artwork to better fill the space available in the panel? In the screenshot, you can see how much space is being wasted
This view is designed to handle square album art, and will fill the panel when the image is square. However non-square artwork will result in what you are seeing here.

Is it possible to configure the time that it takes to rotate between images?
This has come up before so it may be worth searching the wish list board for a request that you could +1

When you double click the artwork, you can see it in real-size. This is fantastic, but would be great to be able to change to the next one when desired
Double clicking the artwork opens a temporary copy of the image in your default image viewer - this app will have no knowledge of any other images in the music files or folders.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Is it possible to configure the time that it takes to rotate between images?
This has come up before so it may be worth searching the wish list board for a request that you could +1
That indeed looks like the default Large Album theatre mode, but the mention of rotating images totally rules that assumption out.
When it comes to TMs, the rotation of images is a feature exclusive to artist pictures only (not album artwork), and there's already a setting for it if the above is indeed a custom TM.
A search for rotationInterval should bring up more info.

When you double click the artwork, you can see it in real-size. This is fantastic, but would be great to be able to change to the next one when desired
Double clicking the artwork opens a temporary copy of the image in your default image viewer - this app will have no knowledge of any other images in the music files or folders.
By the way, getting the album cover to open to an external image viewer is not an option that is on by default, I believe (users have to enable it from Preferences > Tools).
But yes, even with MusicBee's native image viewer, one cannot browser through the next/previous album covers.
There's a fairly recent request of this that I just can't find right now.       EDIT: See point 4 here
Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 08:51:19 PM by Mayibongwe
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

olazzzzz

Thank you all for your answers.
Just to clarify, this is indeed NOT Theater Mode, but the normal Now Playing tab.
I will join my +1 to that post, thanks @Mayibongwe for pointing it out!

tjinc

That indeed looks like the default Large Album theatre mode, but the mention of rotating images totally rules that assumption out.
The Large Album view of the Now Playing tab does support album artwork image rotation - if you right click on the image you will see the enable rotation option.

By the way, getting the album cover to open to an external image viewer is not an option that is on by default, I believe (users have to enable it from Preferences > Tools).
Ah yes, you are correct here Mayibongwe, I use this option (which I set a long time ago):

I guess my error was the result of a combination of extremely configurable software and my extremely poor memory!
Apologies for any confusion.
Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 10:42:59 PM by tjinc