Author Topic: Can I... Append a comment or genre tag by means of a hotkey+macro?  (Read 199 times)

stewlewis

I want to be able to trigger something via Touch Portal to add a comment or genre if there is none, and to append another comment or genre if one already exists.

Reason: I have Musicbee playing while I work and I have setup an old phone with Touch Portal to control it, when a track is playing I'll give it a star rating from the phone, I also like to be able to have a page of comments, and a page of genre tags that I can touch and it'll add to the playing file tags.

I then export these tracks to my laptop for use in Serato which organises 'Smart Crates' based on my tags.

EG. a whole page of Comment buttons in Touch Portal, vocal; female; male; slow; repetitive; banger; peak; hard; soft etc.

Dizza17

I don’t believe this can be done with Musicbee as far as I’m aware.

Regards Dizza

frankz

This is possible (to a point) using the Additional Tagging Tools plugin's Advanced Search & Replace module.  You can assign up to 10 hotkeys to the plugin's functions.  You can do it by making multiple copies of the Add text <Custom Text 1> to the end of <Tag 1>, one for each genre or comment, and then assigning each to a hotkey.

Like I said, though, the limit is 10.

stewlewis

You beauty thanks very much, I've tried with one comment and it's working a treat. Will assign more and add to Touch Portal.