Author Topic: Folder Browser question  (Read 146 times)

barles

I'm trying MusicBee without manually or automatically adding audio files into the database, just browing using "folder browser". This seems to create a database library that incrementally adds the content i browse everytime a folder is selected. "include files with  subfolders" option is enabled.

Is this the intended behaviour? or on the other hand since nothing is monitored nor manually files are added to the database would I rather expect no database, or minimal, at all or perhaps removed after MusicBee is closed?

Thanks

sveakul

MusicBee will create a library file (*.mbl) no matter how it is used, and every time an audio file is played, whether officially "added to the library" or not, an entry for that file will be made within the binary *.mbl file.  It is not removed when MusicBee is closed, but is when "Compress Library" is run if the file never was never actually added to the library or a playlist.

I have no familiarity with the "Folder Browser" option but it seems as if it is operating similarly to the above played file example.

MusicBee was never intended to be used without its library function and as such it excels as a music MANAGER.  It doesn't sound/look too shabby either, haha..  There are other excellent players out there that either provide a level of library functionality as an optional choice (AIMP, Foobar), or are simply designed to be folder players (Boom, 1by1, Resonic).

barles

Thank you very much sveakul for this useful information! Oh i tried other players in the past but MusicBee is by far my favorite :)