Author Topic: Database Missing Files?  (Read 619 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
...then try uninstalling and re-installing next, this afternoon.
As long as you're starting over, I strongly suggest you use the Portable version of MB. Be sure to place it in a directory outside of Windows control. Use something like c:\MusicBee.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

dwmusic

Thanks for your patience.  You're probably as frustrated as me.

Sorry, I'm not sure what the inbox is or how it is used.  But in preferences, the "add to library" checkbox is checked, not "add to inbox."

dwmusic

OK, so I blew away both the MB install and the MB configuration files and started from scratch.

Now my albums are listed by folders.  Unfortunately, MB created an "Empty" (sic) folder which contains hundreds of tracks which are actually also located in other folders with the proper name.  I'm going to delete all these duplicate tracks.  Not sure if I can actually delete the Empty folder and won't know until I do that.

dwmusic

Oh I get it!  (duh!)

The reason there is an "Empty" folder is because the Album field is empty.  Don't know why this wasn't populated when I created a new library, but with some time I can fix this.

Maybe I'll get there?  I can only hope...

dwmusic

OK, done.  The original problem was my albums (folders) were interlaced with individual tracks under Music, making it really hard to scan through 1300+ tracks to find what I was looking for.  There were other less important problems too.

I never found the cause that created the problems, but I"m certain it happened while editing tags fields.

To fix it I deleted my libraries, all the MB associated files, and then uninstalled and re-installed MB.  Even then, there were very odd things where albums (again folders) did not scan properly.  I had to manually re-edit tag data, especially Album.  Fortunately, I could edit all the files in an un-named folder associated with one album, then edit the Album field all at once.  This happened with about 6 albums.

One other folder did not scan properly.  I don't know why.  So I removed all the tracks from my library and re-scanned.  All the tracks were found, but the titles were gone.  So I just re-entered the titles.

All done.

Thanks to all of you who commented.

Dave