Author Topic: Nocturne & Nocturne Verde  (Read 1856 times)

hiccup

Some chocolate for late night listening:

download Nocturne

There is also a green variation:

download Nocturne Verde

Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 11:01:03 AM by hiccup

karbock

hiccup

Danke, karböck!

The skin has just now been updated, correcting some minor oversights.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Great look!
I can only imagine the hours that went into creating that player panel.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

boroda

@Mayibongwe, second what you said. @hiccup, really great skin, one of the best of your skins!

hiccup

Thanks guys! You are too kind.

I would like your opinions on the following:
I feel that the skin is a little bit 'flat', so I am considering adding some subtle 3D effect.
Like this:

What do you think?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I feel that the skin is a little bit 'flat', so I am considering adding some subtle 3D effect.
What do you think?
I hadn't noticed the addition until I did a side-by-side comparison of the new screenshot and the first.
I'm torn between the two, but if my life depended on it, I'd choose the first.
The rest of the panels have faint lines - so it sorta blends in well. (and you've got the slim window borders).
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

boroda

I hadn't noticed the addition until I did a side-by-side comparison of the new screenshot and the first.

me too  ;D

@hiccup, I think the 3D effect on your screenshot looks better than the current skin (though maybe it needs further elaboration), but personally i don't like very popular nowadays "rounded corners" (ok, slightly rounded corners may be suitable in some places).

karbock

What do you think?

Although I'm not fond of fully flat themes in general, "Nocturne" without 3D is already excellent, easy on the eye, and coherent.
I have a slight preference for the second version, but as already stated, the change is not blatant.

hiccup

So all votes are in ;-) Thnx.

I will probably add such a 3D effect, but maybe in an even more subtle way.
It's similar to audio effects: you shouldn't really be aware of them, but when you leave them out, you are fully aware something is missing...

boroda

@Steven, if you read this topic, maybe you reconsider the list of skins included in MB installation for 3.6? several great skins (including this one) have been created recently.

boroda

@hiccup, this skin is not very dark or very light, it's colorful. maybe it's worth to create several color variations of it?

p.s. i don't say that the current color scheme is bad  8)

hiccup

maybe it's worth to create several color variations of it?
I would take requests from you, if you would give examples of skin colours that you would like.
If it was up to me, I would probably do green (like Void Green) and darker gray (like Elemental)

I'm not much into light skins these days, but a light version might work for this one too. Not sure.
Perhaps something light grey like Racing Green
Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 08:08:53 AM by hiccup

hiccup

Updated, the 'flatness' of the player bar has been reduced by adding some 'depth'.
Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 06:27:38 PM by hiccup

boroda

I would take requests from you, if you would give examples of skin colours that you would like.
If it was up to me, I would probably do green (like Void Green) and darker gray (like Elemental)

I'm not much into light skins these days, but a light version might work for this one too. Not sure.
Perhaps something light grey like Racing Green

"Elemental" & "Racing Green" color schemes look good for me. "Void" series is too contrasting, maybe something similar, but more dimmed?