Author Topic: Nocturne & Nocturne Verde  (Read 1860 times)

hiccup

"Elemental" & "Racing Green" color schemes look good for me. "Void" series is too contrasting, maybe something similar, but more dimmed?
Would you want words such as 'shuffle' and 'repeat' to be in the Russian language?
Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 10:05:24 PM by hiccup

boroda

it would be great, but don't think that the most russian MB users care about such things very much.

boroda

@hiccup, just in case if you decided to create 'localized' versions of this skin (though i don't think it's important), here are translations to russian:

'shuffle': 'перемешивать'
'repeat': 'повторять'

hiccup

@hiccup, just in case if you decided to create 'localized' versions of this skin (though i don't think it's important), here are translations to russian:
'shuffle': 'перемешивать'
'repeat': 'повторять'
I didn't intend to create localised version of these skins.
It was just a proposal to you that if you are going to actually use one of these Nocturne skins, I could create a localised version of it for you.
But the texts may become a challenge considering the limited space.
There would also have to be 'shuffle on', 'repeat one' etc.
Not sure if that would turn out nice.

hiccup

"Elemental" & "Racing Green" color schemes look good for me. "Void" series is too contrasting, maybe something similar, but more dimmed?
I just took the screenshot of the (brown) Nocturne skin and used Photoshop to turn it into greyscale to see what a grey version would look like.

I'm not sure about it, perhaps a little bit boring?:

A green version should turn out nice though, so I will create one using a darker 'classic' green.

boroda

I just took the screenshot of the (brown) Nocturne skin and used Photoshop to turn it into greyscale to see what a grey version would look like.

yes, it's really boring. but i didn't mean completely grayscale version, and referenced 'Elemental' skin is not completely grayscale too. interesting how it would look if you add colors to some elements and maybe some subtle saturation to entire skin.

p.s. presonally i very like some variations of these 2 colors:

saturated orange

and not too saturated blue

EDIT:

also, 'orange' and 'not saturated blue' usually look great in combination with black and white (or very dark and very light) colors respectively. 2 examples (but they are only examples):

Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 06:12:25 PM by boroda

hiccup

yes, it's really boring. but i didn't mean completely grayscale version, and referenced 'Elemental' skin is not completely grayscale too. interesting how it would look if you add colors to some elements and maybe some subtle saturation to entire skin.

p.s. presonally i very like some variations of these 2 colors:
saturated orange
and not too saturated blue
At the moment I can't think of a nice way to add some colouring accents (e.g. orange) to this grey version of the Nocturne player bar.
Maybe I'll come up with some ideas later, but else I probably won't create a dark-grey version.
(green and light is coming along nicely)

hiccup

A green variation has been added.

See the startpost for the download link.

edit:
And I had forgotten to mention that Nocturne was updated a week ago or so with fixes for some small oversights.

Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 11:15:40 AM by hiccup