Author Topic: Playing tracks order different from playlist order  (Read 494 times)

TheInvoker

I double click the playlist (or part of it) and the order of the songs is not the same as the order of the playlist
How do i get the right order?

Order of track number is correct but albums are ordered by name and not by year

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I double click the playlist (or part of it) and the order of the songs is not the same as the order of the playlist
Check/confirm that you do not have the "shuffle" option in the player panel enabled.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

TheInvoker

Check/confirm that you do not have the "shuffle" option in the player panel enabled.

I don't have, of course
with shuffle i would have a complete random "playing tracks"

The Incredible Boom Boom

Nowhere in this screenshot is a "playlist."
What is the first red column?

TheInvoker

Tracks on the right in main panel
That is the correct order i want the songs to be played because in the view i set my order (year/ablum/n°track)

And yes, that is a playlist but this is not the important information since this unwanted behaviour happens also if i set the music library in the same way

The Incredible Boom Boom

Tracks on the right in main panel
That is the correct order i want the songs to be played because in the view i set my order (year/ablum/n°track)

And yes, that is a playlist but this is not the important information since this unwanted behaviour happens also if i set the music library in the same way

For what seems like the millionth time - you are wrong. And your insistence on making snarky comments is why people ignore your posts.
THESE are playlists. The confusion here and in other posts of yours stems from your misuse of words. You are not a native English speaker, so your intent is not purposeful, however, your puerile attitude IS intentional and being a sarcastic ass garners no sympathy with regard to the language gap.

Once again - what is the FIRST RED COLUMN? NOT the SECOND red column - the one that is also NOT a playlist, but instead of the "track queue." The one under "Tracce." What is that in English?

TheInvoker

FIRST there is no RED COLUMN so i assumed you are talking about the RED SQUARE i designed around the tracks.,.,and FIRST usually means from left to right so i answered telling you what are the songs inside the red Rectangle and those are the tracks put on the right in the main panel

SECOND. That one is a playlist. you are just too concentrate on insulting me that you don't even uderstand what you are watching and you don't believe what i say

THIRD i said that this is happening also with music libraray so it's not even important if i'm using playlist or library

FORTH why don't you judge YOUR attitude?.. I just asked a thing and you came here to say i'm lying (since you don't believe what i say), puerile, i'm wrong (even if you don't know what you are talking about)

Now for those who don't believe me and are too busy to insult instead of trying to read, here is a different screenshot. Maybe with these colors now you can understand. i believe you can do it

in the GREEN rectangle you can see the playlists. IF you don't believe me they are playlists you can read just above "playlists explorer" and i assure you i created those with a spectacular right cick and then choosing the magnificent option "New ---> New auto playlist" (or whatever it is in english). If these are not playlists then i'm wrong, but there is a lot of confusion. You can't name "playlist" something that isn't a playlist. Anyway i'm talking about these things...are these playlists or not?

in the BLU rectangle there are the tracks...the same tracks i was talking about and you didn't believe me. Trakcs shown on the right in the main panel (i remember i already said this). There is also a nice blu line that shows you the setting i'm using to show tracks there.

in the RED rectangle you can find "playing tracks" (not even translated in the italian version, such as many other things)

PS: in this post you can find a bit of sarcasm, something you accused me of for no reason since i didn't use sarcasm in my previous posts. ... so as not to make you look like a total liar, i added some here but i bet now you have information you won't answer to the main problem but you will just judge my behaviour again even if it's just a reaction to your insults
Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 02:09:01 PM by TheInvoker

phred

• Global Moderator
.,.,and FIRST usually means from left to right so i answered telling you what are the songs inside the red Rectangle and those are the tracks put on the right in the main panel
Since there are languages that are read right to left (RTL) it would've been better if you said "the red box ON THE RIGHT. To a person whose native language is RTL, the box on the left would've been the first box.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zak

• Global Moderator

TheInvoker

.,.,and FIRST usually means from left to right so i answered telling you what are the songs inside the red Rectangle and those are the tracks put on the right in the main panel
Since there are languages that are read right to left (RTL) it would've been better if you said "the red box ON THE RIGHT. To a person whose native language is RTL, the box on the left would've been the first box.

He said "first" first.
Not me

What is the first red column?

I assumed he was talking about that one (also called "red column"???)

karbock

I'm trying to reproduce the behaviour described by TheInvoker, but several parameters can play a role.

@TheInvoker:

For your information, just in case:
* In your interface, the "Artists" view is chosen, and artist "Dreamtale" is selected. As a result, the blue rectangle shows only tracks by Dreamtale.
* But if you add tracks to the now playing list by double-clicking on the playlist name ("BEST OF"), tracks by other artists can be taken into account.
* In order to have a global view of the playlist's content, select as view "Tracks" instead of "Artists".

Could you please do the following ?
* in the "blue rectangle", right-click on "Title", then select menu Sort By -> Manual Order
* check if it solves the issue

If not, two more steps please:
* switch to English for the interface (in Preferences -> General) and restart MusicBee
* post a screenshot of your settings in Preferences -> Now Playing

TheInvoker

For your information, just in case:
* In your interface, the "Artists" view is chosen, and artist "Dreamtale" is selected. As a result, the blue rectangle shows only tracks by Dreamtale.
* But if you add tracks to the now playing list by double-clicking on the playlist name ("BEST OF"), tracks by other artists can be taken into account.
* In order to have a global view of the playlist's content, select as view "Tracks" instead of "Artists".
True but this is wanted
Since i can't use more than one folder where to put playlists, i have to put all the best songs in the same playlist and then i have the filter by artist in the main pane. If i double click on the playlist explorer,all songs will be added and the order is not "correct" anyway, i don't want to see tracks. there will be too many. i need a way to launch only the songs of a single artist.

Could you please do the following ?
* in the "blue rectangle", right-click on "Title", then select menu Sort By -> Manual Order
* check if it solves the issue

i don't have manual order. do you mean "define custom order"? I already use this. My order is Year/Track number. and the order is correct in the blue rectangle but not in Playing tracks when i double click on any artist

If not, two more steps please:
* switch to English for the interface (in Preferences -> General) and restart MusicBee
* post a screenshot of your settings in Preferences -> Now Playing

Since you mentioned these settings. i tried all options in "shuffle settings" but nothing changes

PS: in english i see "manual order", but italian translation is totally different. i have something that is translated to "Follow playlist order" , not  auto or manual or custm etc etc.
If i select that, then both tracks and playing tracks have the same order, but the wrong one. in "tracks" i can set my order but when i double click it seems tracks are added with the playlist order (?), that i don't even know how to set or change since in the playlist edit window, i see nothing about tracks order
Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 07:11:35 PM by TheInvoker

tjinc

The basic issue here seems to be that the sorting of the 'selected tracks list' (blue rectangle) is independent of the playlist sorting.

As you know, you can sort the 'selected tracks list' as required, then:
  If your 'Play Now action' is set to 'clear list and play all tracks', then you can try double clicking on a track in the 'selected tracks list'.
  Or you can select all the tracks in the 'selected tracks list' and 'play now'.
Both these methods should play the tracks in the required order.

Double clicking on the playlist will play the tracks in the 'playlist sort order'.
Playlist sorting: The 'Artists view' has very limited sorting options - in fact, with this configuration, the playlist is sorted by the 'group by' field and then album name - there are no further options. If you want more sorting options for the playlist I think that you will need to use a different view.

TheInvoker

Double clicking on the playlist will play the tracks in the 'playlist sort order'.
Playlist sorting: The 'Artists view' has very limited sorting options - in fact, with this configuration, the playlist is sorted by the 'group by' field and then album name - there are no further options. If you want more sorting options for the playlist I think that you will need to use a different view.

artist is not influent, at least not in the "best of" playlist. Is it not possible to change album name in something else?