Author Topic: [SOLVED] Losing file details when update Artwork  (Read 148 times)

DimMan88

Most of the times when I try to import Artwork, Front,Back cover in .flac files, when I click Save an the process is completed, the files in the explorer missing all the details that had before and there is no way to edit them. (I click to edit the title, etc. and they are unclickable.)

* I figured out that this is happening only If I add the 2nd cover. (Back Cover)

Screenshots
https://imgur.com/a/scaF1on

EDIT: Found the solution. this was not a MusicBee bug, but the each cover must be under 700KB or so.....
Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 05:03:04 PM by DimMan88

The Incredible Boom Boom

You're probably saving the files in a tag format that File Explorer doesn't recognize.
In any case, if the metadata is present in MusicBee and music metadata tagging software (mp3tag, Tag&Rename, etc.), does it matter that it doesn't show up in Explorer?
File Explorer is very basic and is not capable of reading and writing metadata as extensively as dedicated programs are, so it's not a good idea to rely on it for checking on and editing your files.