Author Topic: <Album Complete?>  (Read 244 times)

MusicMee

I came across what I would describe as an <Album Complete?> edge case but worth reporting imo.

Let's say I have an album that is comprised of 2 discs and 20 tracks (10 tracks per disc). I have only ripped one disc and added it to MusicBee. MusicBee sees that I have all the tracks on the first disc (10 tracks) and is unaware of the tracktotal for any additional discs so it reports the album as complete. However - there is a whole disc missing (10 tracks missing). It seems to me MusicBee should check the disctotal when available and factor that into it's calculation.
Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 04:45:32 PM by MusicMee

tjinc

Let's say I have an album that is comprised of 2 discs and 20 tracks (10 tracks per disc). I have only ripped one disc and added it to MusicBee. MusicBee sees that I have all the tracks on the first disc (10 tracks) and is unaware of the tracktotal for any additional discs so it reports the album as complete.

Are you sure about this?
From my testing, for an album with a missing disc, as long as the <Disc Count> field is set to the correct number of expected discs, then the <Album Complete?> field will report "?" (and not "Y"):

I can't claim to know the thinking behind this - maybe reporting that it is 'unsure whether the album is complete as there appears to be a disc missing'.

MusicMee

Thanks for calling this out! You are correct. I wasn't displaying the value of the tag but rather using it as a test condition and assumed it was a boolean (and treating it as such). The "?" makes perfect sense for my use case - there are times when there isn't enough data to reasonably conclude a disc is complete.