Author Topic: Predictive search not working  (Read 366 times)

Mafios

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I'm having an issue with my recent, or even new tags I've made not showing up in the Edit Tags window. Most of my older tags will show, but when I either scan in new albums, or add in new info that share the same tags, it won't appear among the predictive search results even if they already exist somewhere else.

Edit: For example, this one is older but it shows fine.

This one is more recent, but won't show.

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About) INCLUDE THE LETTER (if any) AFTER THE NUMBER
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mafios

What version of MB are you using? (Help > About) INCLUDE THE LETTER (if any) AFTER THE NUMBER
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
Installer. 3.5.8698.

Initially I was on 3.5.8447 when I noticed it.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Most of my older tags will show, but when I either scan in new albums, or add in new info that share the same tags,
it won't appear among the predictive search results even if they already exist somewhere else.
More info is required. Is this happening with all tags or specific ones?
Also, just to make sure I have it right, are you saying that:

- If you add the value "Predict" to the <publisher> tag on one song...
- then go on to the <publisher> tag on another song and type in "Pred"...
- MusicBee will not, at that point, show "Predict" as one of the existing values?
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

phred

• Global Moderator
- MusicBee will not, at that point, show "Predict" as one of the existing values?
If this is truly the situation, after adding a value FOR THE FIRST TIME, exit MB, restart MB, and the value will show up when trying to add it to a new file.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mafios

Is this happening with all tags or specific ones?
It happens with all tags.

Also, just to make sure I have it right, are you saying that:

Correct. When I do this with an older song in my library, it updates and shows the result fine, but doing the same thing with a more recent song won't work at all.

If this is truly the situation, after adding a value FOR THE FIRST TIME, exit MB, restart MB, and the value will show up when trying to add it to a new file.
It won't show no matter how many times I restart.

voodoopunk

Are you sure the recently added files are definitely added to your library?

And not just being viewed through the computer node?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Correct. When I do this with an older song in my library, it updates and shows the result fine, but doing the same thing with a more recent song won't work at all.
In addition to what voodoopunk suggested you look at:
Also trying making a copy of an older file where the prediction works. Then add that copy to your library to see if we can rule out a file type issue.
Other than that, I don't think I would have any further ideas as it's still working fine for me under the same steps - sorry.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Mafios

Are you sure the recently added files are definitely added to your library?

And not just being viewed through the computer node?
In addition to what voodoopunk suggested you look at:
Also trying making a copy of an older file where the prediction works. Then add that copy to your library to see if we can rule out a file type issue.
Other than that, I don't think I would have any further ideas as it's still working fine for me under the same steps - sorry.
I think it was partially a library issue, since I ended up backing up and creating a new library in a different place and that seems to have worked. Man I feel dumb, but thanks you 3 for the help.