Author Topic: WinAmp  (Read 6638 times)

Phntm

Did version 1.1 drop support of Winamp? In version 1.0 I had the choice of MusicBee Player, QuickTime, or a selectable radio button. I installed version 1.1 and my only choices are MusicBee and QuickTime. Did I overlook it?

Steven

• Administrator
i removed it as i didnt think anyone would be using it and was just adding to the testing overhead for me as i change things. Also you can import the winamp plugins to MusicBee. Can i ask the reason you were using MB to launch Winamp?

Phntm

Well, it seems that I can not open playlists that have been created in MusicBee with Windows Media Player. I don't want to use Windows Media Player, except that is the easiest way for me to synchronize files to my MP3 player (Cowon D2). If MusicBee can open with WinAmp, those playlists are compatible with Media Player. I am open to suggestions. I am happy with MusiicBee overall. I have looked at several, MP3 Boss, Helium etc, but for my purposes MusicBee seems to fit nicely. I have an extensive mp3 collection and other managers have difficulty with large databases.

Thank you.

Steven

• Administrator
i guess you are referring to the now playing list which saves to xspf format - however you can save the now playing list as an M3U file (which windows media player should have no trouble with) via the List/ Save As Playlist button on the bottom of the Now Playing list.

Although I dont have a Cowon D2 myself, have you tried synching with MB? I gather its an MTP device, so if you set Preferences/ System/ detect MTP devices option it should detect the device and allow you to synch from MB

Phntm

I have not tried that. I will check it out.

Thank you.