Author Topic: Mb loses references to the main song in ASX files  (Read 475 times)

Fox63

I have created some collection albums using asx files.
When editing a tag, when you select multiple songs to edit at once, mb erases all references to the main song.
Basically delete this: <ref href="" />.
While everything else seems to remain in place.
I'm using version: 3.6.8758
Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 04:35:06 PM by Fox63

Steven

• Administrator
I cannot reproduce the issue except if what you did was ticked the "origin" checkbox and the value was blank. If that's what you did its not a bug.

Fox63

I cannot reproduce the issue except if what you did was ticked the "origin" checkbox and the value was blank. If that's what you did its not a bug.

I understood how the error occurs.
When you insert data into the origin tag the flag selects itself and remains so until you remove the selection manually.
So when you make multiple changes to other tags, the entire "origin" tags of the selected fields is deleted.
Unless you remember to go to uncheck.
Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 10:21:55 AM by Fox63

Steven

• Administrator

Fox63

That is the expected behaviour
Sorry, but that's not possible!! Maybe we didn't understand each other!!!
Did the translator not work properly?
I'll try to explain myself another way

1) I change the "origin" tag in an asx song

Just to clarify, the colored squares helped me understand when the problem occurs.
If it is yellow-red it means that the origin asx tags are correct: it is an asx with the correct origin URL
If it is only yellow, the source URL is missing or incorrect
If it's green it's simply an mp3

2) safe

3) deselect the previous one and select two different songs, even from another album always asx and change the album tag, for example, not the "origin" tag, I don't even see that.

Note that flag on the origin tag is checked, it shouldn't be and I didn't check it

4) safe

5) result: the origin tag has been deleted from the last two songs I edited.

In practice, the origin tag always remains selected after a change has been made to it and remains so until you manually deselect it or close and reopen MB.
I don't know how to explain it more precisely but it is a very annoying event.
Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 10:50:40 AM by Fox63